Expired

New Henry Vacuum - not running smooth on carpet?

Found 13th Apr 2013
Not sure what I'm doing wrong to be honest.

I've go the normal big brush at the end & when I brush it across our carpet it seems to not move much.

I'm certain I'm obviously doing something wrong? I see them running along the carpets with ease at shop floors, offices etc.

Some help would be kindly appreciated!
Community Updates
6 Comments
There is a big rocker switch thing on the normal attachment that pushes the brushes up into the head. Does that make sense? It will then glide over carpet rather than the brushes getting stuck.
yep use brush down on hard floors and brush retracted on carpet.
dtemple

There is a big rocker switch thing on the normal attachment that pushes … There is a big rocker switch thing on the normal attachment that pushes the brushes up into the head. Does that make sense? It will then glide over carpet rather than the brushes getting stuck.

This.

I have a Henry hoover and can confirm OP on the black pipe that is attached to the silver pipe, you need to press adapt the button.

Looks like this google.co.uk/sea…504
better not make a guess at gender here...

anyway if its new surely it came with a manual you could have found this out in?
Original Poster
dtemple

There is a big rocker switch thing on the normal attachment that pushes … There is a big rocker switch thing on the normal attachment that pushes the brushes up into the head. Does that make sense? It will then glide over carpet rather than the brushes getting stuck.

Thanks for the reply but I've done this already your talking about the foot button which brings the brush up and down right? the brushes are already locked in it moves but not freely enough... thanks
3ak

Thanks for the reply but I've done this already your talking about the … Thanks for the reply but I've done this already your talking about the foot button which brings the brush up and down right? the brushes are already locked in it moves but not freely enough... thanks

The only other thing I can think of then is that the suction is too great. On the top of the main handle where the silver and black plastic pipes meet there is a cuff that swivels. This will reveal a hole in the pipe and when opened will reduce the suction.
Edited by: "dtemple" 18th Apr 2013

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions