Groups

New "high end" laptops. WTF am I missing something?

So i am looking for a good laptop and went for a browse round local currys and pcw,
    Seems to me that a lot of the new lappys are coming with Glossy screens which are fine for when you need a mirror, or when using the lappy in the dark.
    But the amount of reflection when used in standard lighting is very off-putting, have i missed something? as i couldn't really see a great deal of difference in overall picture quality.

7 Comments

The trulife on my Vostro gives me better overall image and video viewing, so I think they're better.

Not sure if its the same for laptops but Samsung tv's do it in order to improve contrast levels / black levels I believe.

Mine is really shiny, and I hate it. Looked great in the shop, but try using it. It is really annoying.

Original Poster

BEANZ-ON-TOAST;3409333

Mine is really shiny, and I hate it. Looked great in the shop, but try … Mine is really shiny, and I hate it. Looked great in the shop, but try using it. It is really annoying.

my point precisely. I think anti glare filters will be back in demand soon. :whistling:

It depends on the laptop, some do go for supershiny which combined with a relatively weak backlight makes for a mirror finish making it difficult to see. More expensive models tend to have less of a shiny effect and better backlights (particularly LED backlit models) which lessens the effect.

John

did anyone in Currys ask "So brings you into the store today?"

its the new 'greeting' we're all supposed to say!!!

Original Poster

slackrat77;3412415

did anyone in Currys ask "So brings you into the store today?"its the new … did anyone in Currys ask "So brings you into the store today?"its the new 'greeting' we're all supposed to say!!!

yeah. Told em i needed a cheap laugh by looking at their prices e.g 16gb sandisk sdhc card £129.99!
    Paid £17.49 for a class 6 delivered two eeks ago.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764578
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3031066
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1832
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1939

See more discussions