Groups

new house need to setup a landline does it have to be BT?

the house ive moved into has no landline, wanting to setup broadband ect, do i have to join BT before anyone else, eg o2 landline

11 Comments

Yes and no! It's still the same "physical line" but your provider can be different. BT still do all the work (ie if you go through O2, a BT engineer will do the work, but you will pay O2 and not BT).

or, if you don't need large download amounts, just go mobile & get a dongle.

alternatively, if you're in a cable enable area, you could get a cable landline.

Try bethere.co.uk/web…ine , I have broadband with them and they can't be faulted

unless you have cable in the street

unless virginmedia are down your road, you'll need a bt master point which ever provider you go with and they'll charge you about £125 for the pleasure i'm afraid.

Original Poster

its £29 connection fee with bt for the landline, suppose im not gonna get it any cheaper?

productsandservices.bt.com/con…rge

seems they'll let you off £127.99 if you take up their services. Which means you might be financially better off by going with bt for a year and them get rid of them as their broadband is poop

dark_like_vader

its £29 connection fee with bt for the landline, suppose im not gonna get … its £29 connection fee with bt for the landline, suppose im not gonna get it any cheaper?

you need to pay the line rental to them to get it for £29. which aint too bad. I'd go for o2 which use bethere.co.uk, or go to them directly depending on what package you want. they are both excellent providers

Free if you have Virginmedia in your area

We went with sky who fitted one for free (through BT) and no complaints at all. We just pay now for the usual sky tv/broadband package.

same as above i got sky and they fitted the phone line for free
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions