New hover is rubbish can I return?

Found 1st Feb
Hi, I have just bought a new hoover it works ok on hardwood floor and the hose for stairs but the push along for normal carpets is beyond rubbish! So bad I’m using my old hoover (which I was about to send to tip) I have contacted ao who want to troubleshoot send someone to look at it etc but I don’t think the item is faulty it’s just not a very good hoover 😑 they said if they can “fix” it I can return it and they will send me replacement...where do I stand on this? In all honesty I would rather just return it and buy a better one but looking at their website they will only refund me 50% of what I paid as I used it....how else could I tell I wasn’t fit for purpose if u didn’t try it?
Any help would be much appreciatrd thank
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Bigfootpete14 m ago

Firstly why are you calling it a hoover? That's an American term, are you …Firstly why are you calling it a hoover? That's an American term, are you in America? Secondly you don't say why it's rubbish, is it difficult to push along? Does it not suck the dirt very well?If it's difficult to push check the brushes aren't out on the head as that is the setting for hard floor not carpet.Saying it is rubbish tells us nothing of the problem.

Hoover is manufacturer of vacuum cleaners. It's common to use 'Hoover' when referring to a vacuum cleaner. The OP may even be referring to a 'hoover' vacuum cleaner. It's certainly not a US term.
12 Comments
How long has it been since you purchased it? If within 14 days you can return
Firstly why are you calling it a hoover? That's an American term, are you in America?

Secondly you don't say why it's rubbish, is it difficult to push along? Does it not suck the dirt very well?

If it's difficult to push check the brushes aren't out on the head as that is the setting for hard floor not carpet.

Saying it is rubbish tells us nothing of the problem.
You as a consumer have rights if you are not satisfied with new product you have the right to a full refund or exchange , explain to them this new Hoover suction isn't good and I would like a refund or exchange? , it's your consumer right
Edited by: "_Enzo_" 1st Feb
Bigfootpete14 m ago

Firstly why are you calling it a hoover? That's an American term, are you …Firstly why are you calling it a hoover? That's an American term, are you in America? Secondly you don't say why it's rubbish, is it difficult to push along? Does it not suck the dirt very well?If it's difficult to push check the brushes aren't out on the head as that is the setting for hard floor not carpet.Saying it is rubbish tells us nothing of the problem.

Hoover is manufacturer of vacuum cleaners. It's common to use 'Hoover' when referring to a vacuum cleaner. The OP may even be referring to a 'hoover' vacuum cleaner. It's certainly not a US term.
seabs2 h, 46 m ago

Hoover is manufacturer of vacuum cleaners. It's common to use 'Hoover' …Hoover is manufacturer of vacuum cleaners. It's common to use 'Hoover' when referring to a vacuum cleaner. The OP may even be referring to a 'hoover' vacuum cleaner. It's certainly not a US term.

I know when I was a kid they were exclusively called hoovers and I don't recall if other brands were common or even available.
Edited by: "bryanhaines399" 1st Feb
Bigfootpete3 h, 0 m ago

The op isn't asking for help diagnosing a problem but asking about consumer rights. Whilst your point about it having different settings has merit saying that not mentioning irrelevant points is rubbish does not.
Blame the EU for forcing them to reduce the power output.
.MUFC.7 m ago

Blame the EU for forcing them to reduce the power output.

blame the manufacturer for not designing the vacuum cleaner appropiately

all vacuum cleaners must meet the same power requirements and other cleaners are brilliant

what a stupid comment
bryanhaines3997 h, 4 m ago

I know when I was a kid they were exclusively called hoovers and I don't …I know when I was a kid they were exclusively called hoovers and I don't recall if other brands were common or even available.

Goblin
33183463-5rMIT.jpgHistory of hoover,
manchestervacs.co.uk/Dys…5.0

Back in the day, everyone and their grandmother had a hoover junior.
I googled hoover junior. Indeed my grandma and everyone had a hoover junior. I remember some flash relative had one with the light at the front.
I also remember the bags busting inside. then dust and crap was everywhere again. Usually because of tight arses re using / emptying full bags.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants