Groups

New iPhone - Will you be buying it?

I know we've got a thread about the new iPhone - but wanted to see whether people actually would buy it.. Since the leak has been all but confirmed by Apple by requesting it returned - and although the final product may differ slightly (completely enclosed, no gaps in casing).

Also under the assumption it does have the obvious upgrades of:

- 5mp Camera
    - 1GHZ (ish) CPU
    - More RAM
    - Front Facing Camera

Will you be purchasing it - or has things like the HTC Desire and Android tempted you away slightly from Apple.

I personally wont be buying it - i just can't understand why they've gone with a slightly smaller screen over the iPhone 3G/3GS. I'm really a big fan of the 3.7inch display on my HTC Desire, it seems like the perfect size.

So will you buy? or won't you..

34 Comments

Looks fake to me, why would they change there universal shape ?

Adam2050;8408603

Come on have you not been reading the posts and checking out Gizzys site.

Not interested in iPhone meself but am interested if they go the same way with the touch :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Adam2050;8408603

All signs point toward this being the next iPhone, obviously some small design changes may be made for final product.. However it won't be to much of a departure from this. Also Apple are asking for it back.. Also i reckon they need a slight design change to make the device exciting again.

Probabley best idea for this thread is to make the assumption the new iPhone is going to be this or very similar to it, just wanted to know whether people will actually be buying it based on the new look and upgrades seen.

I'm not so sure on the new design personally - be interested to see other more dedicated Apple fans opinions.

Banned

I've decided I like it.

Depending on specs, networks etc, I'll probably sell my 3GS (I bought it outright because I'm loaded), and will buy this.

Celticsun;8408637

Come on have you not been reading the posts and checking out Gizzys … Come on have you not been reading the posts and checking out Gizzys site.Not interested in iPhone meself but am interested if they go the same way with the touch :thumbsup:

Just read it, and not one picture of the thing on? :? And some cover letter of them requesting it back?:whistling:

What's the rrp for 4g, is there a rough figure out yet?

Original Poster

ele-font;8408674

What's the rrp for 4g, is there a rough figure out yet?

I suspect it will be priced at the same level of the iPhone 3GS 32GB upon launch, pretty safe assumption that they won't go beyond that price. Would also guess that tariffs would be similar also.

Nope will stick with HTC until I can be persuaded otherwise.

spritey;8408661

All signs point toward this being the next iPhone, obviously some small … All signs point toward this being the next iPhone, obviously some small design changes may be made for final product.. However it won't be to much of a departure from this. Also Apple are asking for it back.. Also i reckon they need a slight design change to make the device exciting again.Probabley best idea for this thread is to make the assumption the new iPhone is going to be this or very similar to it, just wanted to know whether people will actually be buying it based on the new look and upgrades seen.I'm not so sure on the new design personally - be interested to see other more dedicated Apple fans opinions.

Looks a chinese knock off tbh. Even the writing on the back is too bright the white like the knock off Ipods do so.

Sorry but I may well be very wrong but looks very much like a hit gathering post.

They left the thing in bar, and they just happened to be there?:w00t: But they got some legal letter asking for it back, and they haven't turned it on because there afraid of legal action? :?

Banned

Adam2050;8408671

Just read it, and not one picture of the thing on? :? And some cover … Just read it, and not one picture of the thing on? :? And some cover letter of them requesting it back?:whistling:

The guy who found it said it was working etc next day apple bricked the phone ( via mobileme ) Apparently

hotukdeals.com/ite…e=4 last post has all the info about how it was found

is there actually any PROOF apple have asked for it back? I dont believe it myself-guy finds iphone in cafe/bar/restaurant-on the floor/on a table/on a chair-all depends which site you read and has the savvy to know its a 4g prototype and contacts gizmondo?? Im not convinced.

dj_urban;8408736

The guy who found it said it was working etc next day apple bricked the … The guy who found it said it was working etc next day apple bricked the phone ( via mobileme ) Apparently

So they really didn't think this would happen, being the techno wizards they are.

Didn't also know that Apple have the right to brick my phone if they believe its stolen and switch it off.

Original Poster

Dispell disbelief for the moment guys :-D

If this was the new iPhone - released today.. With the upgrades suggested in the OP.. Abeit maybe no joins / gaps showing.. Would you go spend your cold hard cash on it.

Sorry to get back to the question, no I wouldn't buy it as the prices since the first 3G have been ridiculous for new contracts and Apple forcing the network providers to charge what they want is silly. Going over to HTC myself this week hopefully and getting the Desire, until they stop the monopoly.

vibeone;8408926

If you are too poor for an iPhone, I don't think you should buy one.

Shh fool. None of this Jibba Jabba.

Some of us, would rather spend our money more wisely (or forced due to unforseen circumstance i.e pocket rape by the wifey, I want a new piano.)

Original Poster

Yeah have to agree

Although i'm quite happy to buy an iPhone upgrade if i think it looks incredible, i'm less convinced by this.

Back on topic, if it looks like that it's the best looking iPhone to date and I would seriously consider it if the price is right.

No, but thats because i dont like Apple products.

No doubt when this comes out people will bin their current iphone, get this because its slightly better and then a month later Apple will bring out a revised version and stick a letter on the end of it meaning its better. Then people will rush out to get that. And so the circle starts again, their like sheep.

Original Poster

megalomaniac;8409264

Back on topic, if it looks like that it's the best looking iPhone to date … Back on topic, if it looks like that it's the best looking iPhone to date and I would seriously consider it if the price is right.

Yeah - i'd like a bigger screen but i do think it's a good move.. Sort of going back to the iMac / Macbook industrial look now.. Lets hope they get rid of the gaps and stuff

I wonder whether mobile networks are going to allow iChat over 3G - video chat is going to consume quite a bit of bandwidth.

Banned

spritey;8409303

Yeah - i'd like a bigger screen but i do think it's a good move.. Sort of … Yeah - i'd like a bigger screen but i do think it's a good move.. Sort of going back to the iMac / Macbook industrial look now.. Lets hope they get rid of the gaps and stuff :)I wonder whether mobile networks are going to allow iChat over 3G - video chat is going to consume quite a bit of bandwidth.

It may be compatible with Skype for video chatting over wifi ( heres to hoping )

I agree about there being a revised version its inevitable The Iphone HD/S:-D

Banned

spikeyjacko;8409477

I would agree with you, I'm abit half and half about it,. Look's abit … I would agree with you, I'm abit half and half about it,. Look's abit Nokia ish but at the same time, a new design I wouldn't be suprised if apple somehow modify the design slightly before it comes out, as I reckon they'll be pretty annoyed that it's been leaked!Also as much as I love my 2g, this will be a brillaint upgrade :thumbsup:

I think they will ditch the split side panels.... not very appleish

No intention of getting one - I want a Desire!

Original Poster

vibeone;8409485

I think they will ditch the split side panels.... not very appleish

Have to agree - the gaps and joins don't really fit into what Apple do.. I'm hoping the final product will be different in that respect, i'd imagine a prototype may have them purely for the test phase.

DragonChris;8409528

No intention of getting one - I want a Desire!

I've got one, you won't be dissapointed. I just wanted the iPhone to have a 3.7inch screen like the HTC Desire, that way i could be torn between the two :).

spritey;8409555

Have to agree - the gaps and joins don't really fit into what Apple do.. … Have to agree - the gaps and joins don't really fit into what Apple do.. I'm hoping the final product will be different in that respect, i'd imagine a prototype may have them purely for the test phase.

I think the splits are necessary, user accessible battery anyone......

Banned

Another iPhone thread? Egos at large here.

This phone will have been leaked by Apple, there's no way it just happened to get into the public domain. They sure know how to market...

Going on Vodafone with the Desire, so that rules out any want for the iphone.

Desire 600 mins unlimted Texts & Data - Free phone £20 for 15 months then 3 months @ £30.

Ill be getting it.

P.S. Love vibeone's comments. Usually to the point and totally accurate. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Banned

Adam2050;8410107

Going on Vodafone with the Desire, so that rules out any want for the … Going on Vodafone with the Desire, so that rules out any want for the iphone.Desire 600 mins unlimted Texts & Data - Free phone £20 for 15 months then 3 months @ £30.

That's a good deal,

I'm looking into getting one, I might hold off Until the new Iphone has been released with official specs and judge which would be best to go with,

I have spent a fair amount on the app store i would probably end up getting the iphone in the end.

I shall wait and see what happen's:)

dj_urban;8410231

That's a good deal, I'm looking into getting one, I might hold off Until … That's a good deal, I'm looking into getting one, I might hold off Until the new Iphone has been released with official specs and judge which would be best to go with, I have spent a fair amount on the app store i would probably end up getting the iphone in the end.I shall wait and see what happen's:)

Yep I never did spend to much on there as I knew I wouldn't stay, like the iphone think its smart tech, but I know Sony and Samsung will far out class this phone very soon they usually do. I like the HTC's seems like the linux of that market, the only reason I got the Iphone was the internet browser. So this seemed the best choice, and my iphone has had a good beating. Going to send it off to one of those recycle phone jobbies I think and take the £100 kindly as that's all it cost me upgrade wise as my 2G was basically free through various cash back offers.

Banned

This thread has been dieting!

It looks like it's designed more by HTC than Apple!
    I'd probably buy one but it would never be my main phone.

I really like the look of it
    good to see a new camera too
    along with the new 4.0 software this will be great

not looking forward to pricing being announced :-(

localboy;8411343

I really like the look of itgood to see a new camera tooalong with the … I really like the look of itgood to see a new camera tooalong with the new 4.0 software this will be greatnot looking forward to pricing being announced :-(

+1
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…67
      2. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764320
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814

See more discussions