New kitchen

Found 29th Jan 2014
can any1 recommend a good place to buy a new kitchen.... I went to homebase today and was blown away at how expensive a small kitchen is without any appliances... I have a baby on the way so am trying not to break the bank...
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  2. Kitchen
  1. Ask
  2. Kitchen
we found ikea very reasonable. five yr guarantee with oven, hob and extractor as well
Wren kitchens.
Just bought one for £2800 (after haggling), the same at homebase was £5k!
Also the wren kitchens come fully assembled.
Wickes is very good-if you use their free design service it's possible to negotiate prices with the designer

Wren kitchens.Just bought one for £2800 (after haggling), the same at … Wren kitchens.Just bought one for £2800 (after haggling), the same at homebase was £5k!Also the wren kitchens come fully assembled.

Nor heard of them but one nor far from me in Orpington. Cheers
Howdens. Used them a few years ago and they were fantastic. The units are much stronger than those that you get at B&Q, homebase etc. They will come out and plan it for you too, free! Also, they deliver the units already built up! Would recommend them without any questions.
Look on ebay, sometimes they have brand new kitchens where people have bought a new build house and changed the kitchen immediately. Don't forget the kitchen prices are ramped up with extras like kitchen handles and Worktops. Source 'the extras on ebay' that should also bring the price down a bit.
We used Homebase to design kitchen took list of equipment and sourced it ourselves and saved over £1,000. We then hired a kitchen fitter as homebase installation started at £3k
do you want a new layout and what are your existing carcasses like?
also recommend Wren, ours is great, but get worktops , sink etc elsewhere to keep costs down....
Does having a baby on the way, make it more economical ?
Buy some nice old bits of pine furniture from those murky old shops you usually try and avoid.
And watch your kitchen collection grow.
Used Howdens recently, just tell them you want a trade account, or B&Q offer good discounts with the TradePoint cards.
look into just replacing the doors if the units are in good condition. Far cheaper and you can fit yourself.
Mine was from B & Q and very reasonable. Half the price of Wickes and Homebase and a lot more helpful than Wickes too.

It is definitely worth getting a quote. Good luck and congratulations on the baby.
Edited by: "SingleAngel" 30th Jan 2014
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Merchants