New laptop

Posted 15th Feb
Looking to buy a new laptop with windows and Microsoft word, any help would be appreciated on what’s the best deal.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
I take it its just for general office stuff.

£400 should get you something with 8gb ram, 256 SSD, Full HD IPS screen (avoid TN like the plague, if it doesn't say IPS in the specs, assume its TN) perhaps ryzen 5/7, i5 or i7. 10th gen the newest and greatest, but tbh you won't notice any difference in performance between an 8th gen i5 and a 10th gen one in general use.

No doubt people will come and recommend alternatives to word, but none of them are anywhere near as good. 365 should cost you around £30-35 for a year, keys on ebay a lot cheaper (and yes, most likely MSDN resellers, but they'll work fine)
Edited by: "MrKrabs" 15th Feb
That's a common question on here, try searching conversations
MrKrabs15/02/2020 17:45

I take it its just for general office stuff.£400 should get you something …I take it its just for general office stuff.£400 should get you something with 8gb ram, 256 SSD, Full HD IPS screen (avoid TN like the plague, if it doesn't say IPS in the specs, assume its TN) perhaps ryzen 5/7, i5 or i7. 10th gen the newest and greatest, but tbh you won't notice any difference in performance between an 8th gen i5 and a 10th gen one in general use.No doubt people will come and recommend alternatives to word, but none of them are anywhere near as good. 365 should cost you around £30-35 for a year, keys on ebay a lot cheaper (and yes, most likely MSDN resellers, but they'll work fine)

Cheers mate! Aye it’s just for my wife’s admin at work really, she’s got a Mac at the minute but can’t do half the stuff she needs too! Thanks for the advice!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants