New laptop advice

Found 26th Feb
Morning all. I've been looking for a new laptop for a few weeks, ideally less than £500.

I would like 15" or greater and full HD to watch films. Gaming wise, I would probably only play team fortress 2 / left 4 dead 2 (if people still play these games now a days!?).

HDD wise I've got an SSD lying around at home, so as long as you can take the case apart and change it without wrecking it i'll be fine.

I've seen this LENOVO IdeaPad 320-15ABR, which seems ok. However I'm open to refurbs/second hand ones as well. Is this as good as it gets for the price? Any advice is much appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Check dell outlet. You can grab a bargain from them. You can always find 10% off coupon. If not talk to one of their agents. They always offer discount.

Outlet items comes with full warranty.
Bigspin41 m ago

Check dell outlet. You can grab a bargain from them. You can always find …Check dell outlet. You can grab a bargain from them. You can always find 10% off coupon. If not talk to one of their agents. They always offer discount.Outlet items comes with full warranty.

Thanks for that, will do. Would you buy an 8th gen processor or an older one with dedicated GPU?
Personal ill go with 8th gen. Because I don't the play games on laptop.
Bigspin7 h, 5 m ago

Check dell outlet. You can grab a bargain from them. You can always find …Check dell outlet. You can grab a bargain from them. You can always find 10% off coupon. If not talk to one of their agents. They always offer discount.Outlet items comes with full warranty.

Tried their live chat and phoned them and they wouldn't give any discount!
thermomonkey44 m ago

Tried their live chat and phoned them and they wouldn't give any discount!

Hmm that's very unusual. If your first time customer they offer 10% off according to their outlet website. Did you mention that?
Yep however I suppose I will just use the 10% new customer code! Thanks for your help.

This seems good at £550 with discount. It's only 7th gen but the 1050 GPU is apparently better than an 8th gen processor with the R530 gfx card which is roughly the same price. Is this other peoples understanding? Thanks in advance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants