Groups
    EXPIRED

New Laptop Advice

Hi all,

Currently have a Sony Vaio laptop (it's about 3-4 years old) and has been getting on my nerves for some time now, continually slow and had many problems with it.

I am looking to replace it in the next month and was wondering what things I should look for in the market today, as it's been a while since I looked for a new laptop.

Ideally would like a 17 inch laptop as I find myself watching youtube and iplayer quite often. I presume the more RAM = the better the running of the laptop, what is a good amount to have? 4+?

Not really sure about processors these days, but presume the Intel Core ones are probably the best?

I'm looking at spending £600-£900 so hopefully be able to get one for that amount, not overly fussed about blu ray but if I can get one in this price range that would be good.

No idea on who is good in terms of brands etc, however I will not be getting another Sony one

Would really appreciate if any of you can help me out as I have a little idea however I am sure their are many people on here with more knowledge than I have and I am not sure of what decent deals are out there at the moment.

Dan

4 Comments

Original Poster

Those just linked to Amazon's homepage?

sorry for that, I always test them before I post and they both worked fine, anyway rather than post another dodgy link, here are the 2 you can search for:

Toshiba Satellite L670-19E 17.3 inch Notebook, Core i3-350M 2.26GHz, 4Gb, 640Gb, DVDSMDL, HDMI, Windows 7 Home Premium
    and
    HP Pavilion DV7-4040SA Entertainment Notebook (Intel Core i5-430M 2.26GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 17.3-inch display, Windows 7 Professional)

Original Poster

Cheers, will take a look now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Barcelona to Lloreta de mar22
      2. Ekornes Stressless recliners - anyone any experience?11
      3. Can you machine wash wool suit trousers that state "dry clean only"?22
      4. Looking for a deal on nowtv movies11

See more discussions