New law on packaged travel protection when it isn't a standard Package Holiday

Found 1st JulEdited by:"ccnp"
New EU laws today mean that if you go to a high street travel agent and combine your choice of flights, hotels, transfers etc yourself, they will now be covered by bonding in the same way if you had bought an off the shelf package holiday.
Community Updates
Misc
3 Comments
To get the fact, about big online companies, such as Expedia , thought I seldom use them as I prefer direct or use cheaper national web online of destination country, read the booking conditions. expedia.co.uk/p/s…ons

ANNEX1 – PACKAGES STANDARD INFORMATION FORM

"...where Expedia Travel is the organiser of the Package Holiday...you will be directed to read the important information below. The combination of travel services offered to you is a Package Holiday within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/23/02."
Edited by: "splender" 1st Jul
splender1 h, 51 m ago

"Does not apply to online use of Expedia etc I believe." <=====@ccnp , …"Does not apply to online use of Expedia etc I believe." <=====@ccnp , you don't have to believe it as a fact without checking it is false, as you could mislead people here. To get the fact, go to Expedia, just took me a minute, and read the booking conditions. https://www.expedia.co.uk/p/support/general-booking-conditions ANNEX1 – PACKAGES STANDARD INFORMATION FORM"...where Expedia Travel is the organiser of the Package Holiday...you will be directed to read the important information below. The combination of travel services offered to you is a Package Holiday within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/23/02."

Thanks for the clarification. Original post amended.
People still use high Street travel agents?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants