Groups

New Laws for Car Tax

Just read the renewal notice and it states that you are now allowed 5 days after the first day to tax you car
    since 1st sept 2008 you can legally keep your vehicle on the road without a tax disc displayed for up to 5 days provided you have renewed by phone or online, you tax disc will be sent to you within 5 working days by 1st class post.
    My sister just told me this so I thiought I would post, it may help someone, dont know if I can tax my car now online as due today but I will try and post back

7 Comments

Original Poster

that was easy - just taxed my daughters car - didnt need to dig out any documents
    I think it used to be you had to tax it 2 weeks before on line but jut done it for from today
    Save a trip to the post office

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gav57uk/DVLA.jpg

octobergirl;4251235

that was easy - just taxed my daughters car - didnt need to dig out any … that was easy - just taxed my daughters car - didnt need to dig out any documentsI think it used to be you had to tax it 2 weeks before on line but jut done it for from todaySave a trip to the post office

The 5 days grace doesn't apply to you. It clearly states you have to tax it online BEFORE the old one runs out

Interesting and worth remembering thanks for posting x x

i just had to run down in the snow and put my new tax disc in as i totally forgot about it lmfao, been driving round all day too

Original Poster

Shengis;4251633

The 5 days grace doesn't apply to you. It clearly states you have to tax … The 5 days grace doesn't apply to you. It clearly states you have to tax it online BEFORE the old one runs out

thanks for that:?

Thankyou for posting this, I taxed my car online yesterday as it was due for renewal today plus I couldn't find my mot doc. I was panicking thinking I haven't got a new tax disc to display and was gonna phone the dvla tommorrow, so u have saved me a job and saved me the cost of a phone call. thanks rep left!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1740
      2. GOT Leaks again918
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …99190
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846286

See more discussions