Groups

New lens on glasses (reglaze?)

I've bought a new pair of glasses online and now need new lenses in them (reglaze them). I'd rather not send them off as I dont know how trustworthy the process is. Does anyone know where I can get single vision anti-scratch, anti-glare, thin lenses from at a good price? As a comparison, specsavers seem to charge around £59 I believe.

I have also found

new-lenses-for-glasses.com
    eyewearglasses.co.uk/

which seem to be good but I have no experience of them. Any thoughts welcome.

thanks!

7 Comments

They want 69 from me

Ciliary Blue would be my choice. Fast and reliable.

I've used Direct Sight ( directsight.co.uk) in the past, and they were not only very fast they were a great price too! I had a reglaze with Transitions lens, far cheaper than anyone on the high street!!

It's often cheaper for whole new glasses than just a reglaze.

Try goggles4u

Just walk in specsavers and get them to reglaze. I have used the online options but the lens they supplied were poor. The specsavers lens were about £25 ish more than buying online but I think it's worth the extra. Not being forced to buy 2 pairs with 2 lots of coatings much better value. I find buying frames online and getting lens fitted on high Street is the way to go.

u probably get lenses and frames for the kind.of .price with all them add ons from asda I used them last 2 times 2 pairs with things thin lenses and coating for 99 quid. u don't need go to the shop and also check tesco they may have a offer on. check onlone and go instore if u find a decent offer save u a trip if there prices have gone up

Original Poster

thanks all.
    Got the frames and theyre designer so want to keep them. I think I might just walk into specsavers and try my luck there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Parcel Hero weight adjustment56
      2. Wireless Earphones for Running21
      3. HELP FORD FOCUS RADIO NOT WORKING11
      4. Looking for a deal on nowtv movies22

See more discussions