New Letterbox Issues!

Posted 8th AprEdited by:"superfreddy"
Hi all,

Having a nightmare getting a new letterbox without having to make the hole in my door bigger!
Have tried two so far and they won't fit.

I've got some measurements here, would appreciate some help on which one to buy! It's a UPVC door. I need a white letterbox with white frame.

Thanks in advance.
3211414.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
LAst one I fitted was just a metal cover that screwed to the outside of the door.
deleted70151708/04/2019 21:15

Comment deleted

I thought that too - however the gap seems to be shorter on 10" letterboxes than I have now?
deleted70151708/04/2019 22:53

Comment deleted

I went for this one -

ebay.co.uk/itm…649

Not sure what a telescopic sleeve is though. Apparently I needed a Panel one and not midrail, but the sleeve means it can be both...
Yeah either side of the rectangle hole. 1cm long/high
Just stick a mail box to the wall it's a lot easier.
superfreddy11 h, 18 m ago

I went for this one - …I went for this one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-WHITE-Letterbox-with-WHITE-surround-for-upvc-doors-Midrail/202499427487?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649Not sure what a telescopic sleeve is though. Apparently I needed a Panel one and not midrail, but the sleeve means it can be both...

Telescopic sleeve means it will fit a door that is between 20-80mm thick.
superfreddy44 m ago

I did. So is the one I bought suitable?

Looks like it will fit nice and snug no probs.
It didn't fit. The telescopic parts that fit inside each other are too wide. Even though my door is 30mm and it is supposed to fit 20mm - 80mm doors....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions