Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

New Look-Not giving money back

Posted 4th Oct
So someone I know went to New Look
store and was refunding few items but not all the items was refunded and the clothes were taken but money not given,
this can be clearly seen on the receipt but going back to the store the assistant really struggled to understand what had gone wrong and nothing sorted and they don’t want to know they won’t even check cctv and they’d be able to
see clothes being returned back and customer service are no help! Also
tried sending email to Chief Exec but that just goes to Customer Service, it’s unbelievable how they have behaved New Look have robbed the money as they’ve got the items yet money has
not been given back! Does anyone know what can be done? Any helpful advice will be appreciated however please do not send any rude or sarcastic comments this is the last thing we need! Thanks in adv
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
you would have been given a refund reciept showing what items had been refunded at time? why not dispute refund then?
18 Comments
cctv will be blury and grainy.
your friend should have checked her receipt prior to leaving the store.

there is very limited ways store can varify items apart from full stock count tbh.
you would have been given a refund reciept showing what items had been refunded at time? why not dispute refund then?
So,

Your friend took some items back to New Look for a refund.

They took the items but did not refund them all, yet your friend left the store with a receipt for said refunded items?

But the money has not gone into the bank?

AMaky04/10/2019 21:57

cctv will be blury and grainy.

What is this, the 1980's?
Edited by: "SaltyExpert" 4th Oct
I’m just wanting to clarify
Your friend returned some stuff
They gave her a refund for said items
Some items weren’t refunded
Friend decided to leave the store after it being processed
You both look at receipt after leaving the store notice not everything has been refunded?

I think I’ll echo what has been said above. Why didn’t your friend query it surely she/he would’ve seen on the till what was being processed? Either on the card machine or till display or even the cashier mentioning is? Either the items not refunded weren’t of much value hence the not noticing orrrrrr just careless behaviour on both parties?
SaltyExpert04/10/2019 22:11

So,Your friend took some items back to New Look for a refund.They took the …So,Your friend took some items back to New Look for a refund.They took the items but did not refund them all, yet your friend left the store with a receipt for said refunded items?But the money has not gone into the bank?What is this, the 1980's?

nope but it's true
AMaky04/10/2019 22:16

nope but it's true

And you know this how? Every CCTV system I work on in high Street stores is very up to date, so HD and far from grainy.
Granted there might be exceptions, but loss prevention is a big deal
Must be a lot of items you returned. Likely to happen. keep count of items returned before you return something next time that way it can be dealt with right away.
SaltyExpert04/10/2019 22:23

And you know this how? Every CCTV system I work on in high Street stores …And you know this how? Every CCTV system I work on in high Street stores is very up to date, so HD and far from grainy.Granted there might be exceptions, but loss prevention is a big deal

from personal work experience.
AMaky04/10/2019 22:45

from personal work experience.

In the cctv sector?
SaltyExpert04/10/2019 22:46

In the cctv sector?

you are clearly very passionate about the subject. however not all chains even large ones have decent cctv and still rely on staff for theft prevention.
AMaky04/10/2019 22:50

you are clearly very passionate about the subject. however not all chains …you are clearly very passionate about the subject. however not all chains even large ones have decent cctv and still rely on staff for theft prevention.

I did say that above tbf, there are exceptions.
Passionate? Nope, time served yes
Should have a refund receipt so not sure what the problem is. You return something you get a refund receipt and it is either refunded to the card used for the purchase or as cash if cash was used.
SaltyExpert04/10/2019 22:11

So,Your friend took some items back to New Look for a refund.They took the …So,Your friend took some items back to New Look for a refund.They took the items but did not refund them all, yet your friend left the store with a receipt for said refunded items?But the money has not gone into the bank?What is this, the 1980's?

Is it the 1980's please let it be the 1980's that was much more fun than this post
Can request business CCTV footage (demand if you're an arrogant type) IAW current privacy obsessiveness. Just write to the business' data controller at its registered office (or any other address as directed by the business' CS) mentioning the phrase "Subject Access Request". Used to cost a tenner to obtain the footage, now it's free to cause the business all manner of agro when it is servicing a (presumably) non-mandatory gesture of goodwill store refund. Just state store, date, time, describe yourself / your friend (e.g. ditzy blonde taking selfies at counter whilst the assistant ate my returns) and job done.
ico.org.uk/you…tv/
help-uk.newlook.com/hc/…acy
Tell your friend to stop buying so much unwanted clothing

Problem won't happen again

Meanwhile, just move on as nothing can be done now whatsoever
AndyRoyd05/10/2019 00:42

Can request business CCTV footage (demand if you're an arrogant type) IAW …Can request business CCTV footage (demand if you're an arrogant type) IAW current privacy obsessiveness. Just write to the business' data controller at its registered office (or any other address as directed by the business' CS) mentioning the phrase "Subject Access Request". Used to cost a tenner to obtain the footage, now it's free to cause the business all manner of agro when it is servicing a (presumably) non-mandatory gesture of goodwill store refund. Just state store, date, time, describe yourself / your friend (e.g. ditzy blonde taking selfies at counter whilst the assistant ate my returns) and job done. https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/cctv/https://help-uk.newlook.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360018841831-Privacy

These can actually be refused if there are other people on it as providing the video could breach other’s privacy.
cmdr_elito05/10/2019 07:48

These can actually be refused if there are other people on it as providing …These can actually be refused if there are other people on it as providing the video could breach other’s privacy.

No priblem, the business will not need to spend any time blurring-out other ppls faces from the footage as already stated in first post: the original image quality will be so blurry and grainy.
The same thing happened to someone I know at New Look, they spoke to the manager who checked CCTV and said they couldn't see the missing item, then they were made to check it again and they saw the missing item and issued the refund. Speak to the store manager, the CCTV should be good enough quality.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants