Groups

New Macbook Air 11 inch or 13 inch, what do you think?

Just wondering what you guys think of the new Macbook Air range.

The last Mac I bought was a PowerBook G4 so it's about time to get a upgrade. iPad seems to be a waste of money and Macbook Pro is out of my budget range, therefore I thought this new Macbook Air would be ideal.

9 Comments

Nice for a Mac, expensive for a netbook...

And cue the Apple haters....

Just come at the right time for me....

....going to go and have a look at the Apple Store....going for the 13inch version.....already have an ipad and my MBP is coming upto 3 years old..only really use the laptop now for torrents and odd bit of photo editing,itunes stuff since getting the ipad...so these should do the trick nicely

Edited by: "boothy" 21st Oct 2010

I had an Air for a very short time, back last year. Think I'd prefer the Air over the iPad if money wasn't an issue. I'd probably keep my eyes open for a refurb deal now on the Apple site, for the 'old style' Air, now that the new one is out - you might get yourself a better deal.

MBA £25 for a usb to ethernet adapter... lol

Given your admitted light usage, look at non-Apple alternatives tbh which would almost certainly be hundreds of pounds cheaper.

Banned

Not the biggest fan of the air but the new smaller one seems to fit a market audience.

Just bought a new iMac last night and went through the educational site for 12% discount and 3 year applecare warranty thrown in.

Original Poster

Don't think you can compare the MBA with regular netbooks, for a start the Intel Core 2 Duo processor and GeForce 320M cannot be find in any netbooks I know

Banned

I am surprised they have made it in 11" after the slating Steve Jobs gave net books when releasing the iPad.

I am going for a 13" version as I think it is better, too expensive for a 11" screen laptop

And yes I will go through HE route, got 3 years warranty for £949 all in for the £1099 13" one

Brb... Laughing myself to death.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions