New MacBook pros released

Found 12th Jul
Now I know we have some anti mac people on this site. But Apple have released some very nice new machines IMO.

They have up to
I7 8th generation 6 core processors
32gb of ram
And 4tb ssd.

They start at 1250 for I5/8/128

What do you people think?

apple.com/uk/macbook-pro/

(Please can people who are anti mac can you keep your comments to yourself please!)
Community Updates
13 Comments
Looks pretty hot. If my mac dies I’m on it and my job gets me 10% off
Get a refurb 2015 mac. Better value for money in my opinion. More ports, arguably a better keyboard, dedicated graphics.
Only on the touchbar...starting at £1749...I’m a Machead and wouldn’t touch...the touchbar
Love my MacBook but charging 3 grand for 4TB SSD is a liberty.

Looking forward to the new mac mini though if they go ahead with it.
New MBPs start at £1749 and not £1250. The non-touch bars did not get updated
mds125613 h, 14 m ago

New MBPs start at £1749 and not £1250. The non-touch bars did not get u …New MBPs start at £1749 and not £1250. The non-touch bars did not get updated

They've been dropped completely apparently so all new models only have Type C connectors.
Welcome to dongle heaven.
Agharta2 h, 33 m ago

They've been dropped completely apparently so all new models only have …They've been dropped completely apparently so all new models only have Type C connectors. Welcome to dongle heaven.

USB c models have been around since 2016... the non touch models still have the 7th gen processors in the 13” range
MarzBarz2 h, 37 m ago

USB c models have been around since 2016... the non touch models still …USB c models have been around since 2016... the non touch models still have the 7th gen processors in the 13” range

The point is that seemingly all models are USB-C (TB3) only whereas a few days ago they still sold a 15 incher with other ports and no Touch Bar.
Agharta17 h, 32 m ago

The point is that seemingly all models are USB-C (TB3) only whereas a few …The point is that seemingly all models are USB-C (TB3) only whereas a few days ago they still sold a 15 incher with other ports and no Touch Bar.

Ah okay, sorry was only referring to the 13, didn’t know the 15 still had other ports.
Is the Macbook 12" due to get an update?
I like good keyboards and function keys, that is my only thoughts on it apart from price obviously.
My main takeaway here is that if you're after an apple laptop; you would have to be rather nuts to go for a 2016/17 model, even heavily discounted.

I expect there's a continuing scramble for the remaining 2015 models (especially now discontinued), while the fixes heralded by the 2018 are significant (keyboard, proc cores, proc generation, DDR4, up to 32Gb, battery, etc)
The outgoing 2016/17 models may end upthe fastest depreciating Apple computer ever.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants