New Mattress

Found 18th Jun
I'm after a new mattress. I have a very old antique iron bed which has the traditional metal sprung base. I hate memory foam and any of the foam type mattresses that seem to dominate every search with vacuum packed mattresses. Do traditional pocket sprung mattresses even exist that don't come rolled up?

I'm not particularly fussy but I'm surprised that every mattress now seems to come in a box!
Community Updates
10 Comments
Yes, and you can easily buy one.

I've recently bought a new bed with a pocket sprung mattress for example.
Yes. I know Laura Ashley do some nice pocket sprung mattresses. They'll have a sale soon so its best to wait for that. If you have a store near you, go in and try and find out when their clearance is happening. They usually clear most of their furniture (inc. beds/mattresses) to re-decorate after the sale. Worth a check at least.
Get down to your local dreams or similar store. Lots of choice of pocket sprung mattresses still about.

Don’t be surprised to find the good ones being far from cheap though.
Mattress man does a good range
jouster2 h, 8 m ago

Get down to your local dreams or similar store. Lots of choice of pocket …Get down to your local dreams or similar store. Lots of choice of pocket sprung mattresses still about. Don’t be surprised to find the good ones being far from cheap though.

Dreams !!!!!! Ekkkkkkkk !!!!!!! try to find rip off Britain from last week where they investigated Dreams...….Might just make you think twice about buying from them.
st8mike21 m ago

Dreams !!!!!! Ekkkkkkkk !!!!!!! try to find rip off Britain from last week …Dreams !!!!!! Ekkkkkkkk !!!!!!! try to find rip off Britain from last week where they investigated Dreams...….Might just make you think twice about buying from them.

I’m not saying it’s a great shop or anything similar. But if you want to get a feel for a mattress, there is no better way than actually lying on one. Then order from wherever you like
We have already been to Dreams but would never buy from there. We liked the pocket sprung mattresses, generally firm as we have the spring metal base of our bed anyway and generally at least 1500 sprung.

We have seen this one here heavenlybeds.co.uk/win…ain

It's cheaper on Amazon though so may give it a go. Any issues and have the assurances of Amazon. I've live chatted with Heavenly Beds and they have confirmed it has no memory foam.
Check out costco online for mattresses. They have a pretty good selection of all types and you can return it free of charge if you don't like it at anypoint IICRC. Yes, even years later!
Edited by: "jambone" 18th Jun
mattressman.co.uk/mat…spx

we have this one and its excellent
2000 springs, King Size Now £485.10 With Code: GOAL10

SpecificationsExtra Firm
is the level of support to the body, suitable for extra heavily weighted people. This is not a comfort rating.

2000 Pocket Springs
in a 5'. Each spring is encapsulated in fabric, body moulding, no roll together, quiet and perfect for side sleeping.

Fibre Fillings
fillings are 100% polyester, man made, very durable, great recovery.

Mattress Depth
30 cm

Hand Tufted
buttons evenly over the sleeping surface, keeping the fillings together and adding a tension to the springs.

Handles
Attached to the border, aiding rotation and turning of the mattress.

Vents
Located on the border, allowing the mattress to breath and release damp air.

Two Sided
Two sleeping sides, turn and rotate frequently.

Source 2
Domestic Flamability Rated Source 2 for Low Hazard, General Domestic use

Made In the U.K.
This product is made in Britain

5yrs Warranty
This product has a 5 Year Warranty, inclusive of any guarantee period. More info

Measurements
Depth: 30cm
Width: 150cm
Length: 198cm
Edited by: "davewave" 18th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants