Posted 30th Nov 2022 (Posted 4 h, 49 m ago)
I have a Samsung s10 just now. Had it for 3 years, battery is terrible now. Got it replaced last week and it's just the same. I'm going to australia for 2 months on Sunday and that's why I got a new battery in it. Looking for a decent but cheapish phone to buy just now. I'm with giff gaff on £10 sim so not wanting a contract. Does anyone have any recommendations for any phones? Had a look at argos but not sure what one to buy.
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Definitely consider the Pixel 6a.

No other phone in that price range will have a decent camera.
  2. Avatar
    Yet another vote for the Google Pixel 6a. Do that with their trade in promotion and it will bring the device into budget.
  3. Avatar
    Usual pick for camera would be £299 Pixel 6a + £100 trade in old device.
  4. Avatar
    If you replaced the battery and it's the same you either got scamed or it wasn't replaced. Download accubattery app and input your original battery capacity and recharge your phone a couple of times with the app on and see the battery health. Make sure the phone is down to 2-3% and charge it to 100%.
    Author
    The girls replaced it 3 times and it's still doing it. He have me the old battery back and ended up replacing it with a Samsung one. I will try that app
  5. Avatar
    If replaced with appropriate and known-decent battery multiple times it may indicate an app is misbehaving and drawing excess power,
    where the same app may also misbehave on a new phone...

If you persistently have battery drain problems on your handsets and believe it is the nature of your use,
    consider purchasing from CEX that provides 2 year warranty - including any non-removable battery.
    Prior to purchase it may be prudent to clarify what battery degradation CEX would regard as trigger for battery warranty claim.
  6. Avatar
    What's your budget? Any features that are important to you?
    Author
    Good camera as I'm going on holiday. £200 max. I like Samsung, always had them but this always ends up the case with the battery
  7. Avatar
    you can possibly grab a used galaxy s21fe from eBay. 
  8. Avatar
    Plenty on Giff Gaff site new and refurbed
Top Merchants