Groups

New monitor how to display websites in full screen

Hi

Have gaps on left and right of my webpages now how do i adjust the settings so that webpages take up the whole screen?

thanks

im using firefox

11 Comments

•Click on the tab labeled "View" on the Firefox toolbar.

Scroll down and select "Full Screen" to enter full-screen mode. Scroll your mouse pointer over the top portion of the screen to display your address bar.

Click the "Restore" (square icon) button next to "Close" (X) at the upper-right side of your browser window. This returns Firefox to standard mode

supermod

'Ctrl+' will zoom in re the current screen view and 'Ctrl-' zooms out in Firefox

Edited by: "sigma" 16th Feb 2011

Try View>Zoom>Zoom In
    Edited by: "Discente" 16th Feb 2011

Original Poster

thanks for help

Dcx, what do you mean wasted space down the side? I'm on a 24" monitor and the HUKD site is fine - there is no wasted space, its just got a grey background.

hit F11

Use IE

or hit F11 which is the quicker way of doing it than I said. I thought f11 was only a shortcut in IE, learn summit new everyday,

Moofin

Dcx, what do you mean wasted space down the side? I'm on a 24" monitor … Dcx, what do you mean wasted space down the side? I'm on a 24" monitor and the HUKD site is fine - there is no wasted space, its just got a grey background.

Exactly... Wasted Space...

What you are seeing is negative space - and it serves a strong purpose. Do you expect the website to be 100% fluid? That would look awful and cluttered - negative space in design is very important.

Funnily enough, this same issue was brought up on boagworld yesterday if you fancy a read: boagworld.com/des…rs/
    Edited by: "Moofin" 16th Feb 2011

I would hate having a 100 percent fluid site for hukd, the extra real estate would not help imo and to me would look awful. I guess like most things its all subjective though
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE33
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…55
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764320
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814

See more discussions