New Natal video demonstrates the end of the Xbox 360 as we know it

youtube.com/wat…ded

Terrible terrible terrible. Good bye Xbox 360 I knew you well.

33 Comments

Banned

Lol Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I'd never..... EVER buy Natal. I'm quite happy sitting on my arse with a controller, thank you.

Banned

What are you rambling about?:?:?

Banned

oldmanhouse;8766245

This is why I'd never..... EVER buy Natal. I'm quite happy sitting on my … This is why I'd never..... EVER buy Natal. I'm quite happy sitting on my arse with a controller, thank you.

Maybe, just maybe, there are markets for videogames beyond just you and I:w00t::w00t::w00t:

there so far away from the screen, my rooms way too small if you required anywhere near that space.

Not much different from watching people play on the Wii......................

I wonder how many injuries there are going to be when people play these games in rooms with furniture.....

That was the funniest thing ever!!!

not a good advert

natal sucks but it wont be the end of the 360.
it survived the bombardment of RROD's and suffered at the hands of blu-ray but its still going.
but then again this would be strike 3.....so.....

anyways, be honest, did anyone realistically think this was going to do what the "product vision" fooled people into thinking?
oh and notice how much space they take despite microsoft saying you dont need much room to play it.

Banned

ADZ1478;8766420

not a good advert

I must be missing something here - a family playing together, fairly unabashed, smiling, looking daft with a game mimicking their bodies movements fairly accurately.

Isn't that how the Wii managed to sell 70,000,000-odd consoles?:?

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8766424

natal sucks but it wont be the end of the 360.it survived the bombardment … natal sucks but it wont be the end of the 360.it survived the bombardment of RROD's and suffered at the hands of blu-ray but its still going.but then again this would be strike 3.....so.....anyways, be honest, did anyone realistically think this was going to do what the "product vision" fooled people into thinking?oh and notice how much space they take despite microsoft saying you dont need much room to play it.

Could it be that a person with a PSN avatar might be slightly biased against anything Microsoft produces:-D:-D

(It's okay bro - I hate anything that isn't bovine-related).

FilthAndFurry;8766433

I must be missing something here - a family playing together, fairly … I must be missing something here - a family playing together, fairly unabashed, smiling, looking daft with a game mimicking their bodies movements fairly accurately.Isn't that how the Wii managed to sell 70,000,000-odd consoles?:?

I cringed when I saw it first time, I wonder how many others thought the same thing initially. however, if they can make his work could be brilliant. Count me in, if you cant change, you cant improve, after all:p

fps_d0minat0r;8766424

natal sucks but it wont be the end of the 360.it survived the bombardment … natal sucks but it wont be the end of the 360.it survived the bombardment of RROD's and suffered at the hands of blu-ray but its still going.but then again this would be strike 3.....so.....anyways, be honest, did anyone realistically think this was going to do what the "product vision" fooled people into thinking?oh and notice how much space they take despite microsoft saying you dont need much room to play it.

And yet Sony will still keep plodding on with theirs.

They both should just stop now.

FilthAndFurry;8766433

I must be missing something here - a family playing together, fairly … I must be missing something here - a family playing together, fairly unabashed, smiling, looking daft with a game mimicking their bodies movements fairly accurately.Isn't that how the Wii managed to sell 70,000,000-odd consoles?:?

The Wii were first to it though, so most probably a lot of people actually have a Wii now.

Who the hell would want a copy of the same thing it just ends up lying there for ages!?

I've got a wii, ps3 and 360 and i really dont like the look of natal feels like such a copy! the move is even more of a copy!

This will take ages to get popular with advertising like that

Original Poster

You looked an equal fool with "your in the movies" but it was featured by "exec" heavily at E3, the game bombed badly. But the mentality remained, hence natal, and this is reconfirmed.

So far I think the Move looks a lot better than these jiving antics.

D.

Are they not going to be selling this for something like 70 notes, Just trying to offer some type of family interaction as does the wii. ( what have the wii sold well over 100 million units, that's alot of wii!!) Although it looks cheap I recon Microsoft will make a nice little profit with this.
This you tube clip does it no promo favours as they look like a bunch of clowns on Acid!!

Banned

dapunk;8766589

You looked an equal fool with "your in the movies" but it was featured by … You looked an equal fool with "your in the movies" but it was featured by "exec" heavily at E3, the game bombed badly. But the mentality remained, hence natal, and this is reconfirmed.So far I think the Move looks a lot better than these jiving antics.D.

What are you talking about?:?

@ the OP - Total rubbish.

Natal won't spell the end of Xbox, unless every game is released to be used in conjunction with Natal.

Microsoft and games developers aren't completely stupid, there will still be controller only games etc. There's just the chance of integration with Natal too - optional.

Original Poster

DragonChris;8766873

@ the OP - Total rubbish.Natal won't spell the end of Xbox, unless every … @ the OP - Total rubbish.Natal won't spell the end of Xbox, unless every game is released to be used in conjunction with Natal.Microsoft and games developers aren't completely stupid, there will still be controller only games etc. There's just the chance of integration with Natal too - optional.

Rubbish ? You can see where the focus and budget of microsoft is going, its clearly not aimed in my interests at all if significant resources are allocated to this crap. Same way that Sony game The Getaway was dropped and they had to work Eye Pet instead . At least Move at fighting games and SOCOM.

D

Banned

dapunk;8767006

Rubbish ?D

Yeppers.:thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;8766442

Could it be that a person with a PSN avatar might be slightly biased … Could it be that a person with a PSN avatar might be slightly biased against anything Microsoft produces:-D:-D(It's okay bro - I hate anything that isn't bovine-related).

yeah, its only me who thinks natal will fail......and thats because of my avatar.
nice theory.....not.
oh and btw, ive been using microsoft OS and office for over 15 years......if i hated them, i wouldnt be using their product that long would i?

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8767786

yeah, its only me who thinks natal will fail......and thats because of my … yeah, its only me who thinks natal will fail......and thats because of my avatar.nice theory.....not.oh and btw, ive been using microsoft OS and office for over 15 years......if i hated them, i wouldnt be using their product that long would i?

Who else does? Surely most people would wait until E3 at least when we know more about it, what games will utilise it, how well it works, what price point it'll hit etc.

FilthAndFurry;8767803

Who else does? Surely most people would wait until E3 at least when we … Who else does? Surely most people would wait until E3 at least when we know more about it, what games will utilise it, how well it works, what price point it'll hit etc.

you obvisouly havent gathered enough opinions.

i dont need to wait for e3 to know its useless for most genres and its clealy aimed at casuals.

if you want to keep your hopes up until e3, go ahead but i know when im right about things, especially when their this obvious.

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8768159

you obvisouly havent gathered enough opinions.i dont need to wait for e3 … you obvisouly havent gathered enough opinions.i dont need to wait for e3 to know its useless for most genres and its clealy aimed at casuals.if you want to keep your hopes up until e3, go ahead but i know when im right about things, especially when their this obvious.

So whose opinions should I gather?

Plus, I think it's aimed at the casual market, so I don't think that can be held against it - don't worry though, I hear there's a price drop coming so you don't have to be a fanboy anymore. You can join us normal people who don't feel the need to defend any particular console all the time:thumbsup:

Banned

Natal and Move aren't for me, I sold my Wii for the very reason I don't want to get up off my chair to play a game.

You either buy into this type of gaming or you don't. Not sure what benefit there is to badmouthing one system's version of motion gaming over another.

FilthAndFurry;8768195

So whose opinions should I gather? Plus, I think it's aimed at the casual … So whose opinions should I gather? Plus, I think it's aimed at the casual market, so I don't think that can be held against it - don't worry though, I hear there's a price drop coming so you don't have to be a fanboy anymore. You can join us normal people who don't feel the need to defend any particular console all the time:thumbsup:

i didnt defend any console.......i said natal will suck.

let me ask you a question.......do you buy things you dont like? (it could be anything, not even related to gaming)
i know the answer will be NO, so why do you expect me to buy things i dont like?
it doesnt make sense does it?

anyways, when it comes out we shall discuss it again, hope to see you then.

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8768258

i didnt defend any console.......i said natal will suck.let me ask you a … i didnt defend any console.......i said natal will suck.let me ask you a question.......do you buy things you dont like? (it could be anything, not even related to gaming)i know the answer will be NO, so why do you expect me to buy things i dont like?it doesnt make sense does it?anyways, when it comes out we shall discuss it again, hope to see you then.

FilthAndFurry;8768270

go on websites which have articles about natal and read the comments section.
i can guarantee you im not the only one who thinks natal will suck.

it should be common sense really that out of millions of gamers there will be atleast 1 other person who doesnt like it, shouldnt even require a search.

heres an example with plenty of anti-natal comments
thesixthaxis.com/201…me/

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8768294

go on websites which have articles about natal and read the comments … go on websites which have articles about natal and read the comments section.i can guarantee you im not the only one who thinks natal will suck.it should be common sense really that out of millions of gamers there will be atleast 1 other person who doesnt like it, shouldnt even require a search.heres an example with plenty of anti-natal commentshttp://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/06/04/joy-ride-turns-into-natal-game/

Wouldn't the 'sixthaxis' be an apt name for a Sony-centric website?

FilthAndFurry;8768315

Wouldn't the 'sixthaxis' be an apt name for a Sony-centric website?

no its ps3 xbox 360 and psp.
why do you think its got a natal article if its only to do with sony?

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;8768324

no its ps3 xbox 360 and psp.why do you think its got a natal article if … no its ps3 xbox 360 and psp.why do you think its got a natal article if its only to do with sony?

Can't say I've ever heard of that website, and I find actually meant opinions from reputable sources, maybe even people who've used Natal:thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;8768340

Can't say I've ever heard of that website, and I find actually meant … Can't say I've ever heard of that website, and I find actually meant opinions from reputable sources, maybe even people who've used Natal:thumbsup:

as long as you got a specification which says "you are the controller" that should automatically tell you half the genres are gone out of the window and theres no precision in the games it will have.
ofcourse if this was the year 2050, our expectations would be different......but were in 2010 and on a commercial level, this technology just cant be sucessful.

dont even need a picture or video let alone play it to know that.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    4. GOT Leaks again614

See more discussions