New nectar app - Free 15 points just for signing in

Posted 7th Aug 2019
New nectar app
Gives you bonus points on the products you by from Sainsbury’s
Free 15 points just for signing in

Download new nectar app

SAINSBURY’S is trialling a new Nectar card scheme that could see some customers missing out on loyalty points. ... This means that customers won’t be rewarded on how much they spend any more, but instead for how often they shop and how long they’ve been shopping with the retailer.
Community Updates

Groups

16 Comments
What a terrible idea.
We've had it for ages round here. I've stopped using it, its so much of a faf now. Don't get points on anything you spend, I stead they send you 8 'offers' for items that will give you nectar points, also every purchase you can sign into the app and get some 'bonus' points. Not a fan personally
Every Friday I am getting 15 points for logging in
Not sure why they aren’t promoting it
I prefer this method of earning points.

I only do small up to £10 spends a couple of times a week and that would yield around 20 points (or more if using a points multiplier voucher), but in this trial I can earn 40 points every time I buy a bottle of milk that costs £1.10.

The products you earn points on are items you have bought previously and you can save up to 5 'offers' to use over and over again.

It also saves going through any of the paper vouchers to then find they've expired or they don't work.
Edited by: "mug51" 7th Aug 2019
I much prefer the new nectar...

I don’t do my main shopping in Sainsbury’s (Too expensive) however I live a few doors away from a Sainsbury’s local, so buy bread, milk etc when I run out. I have set favourites on these items. I get 100 points every time I buy a 55p loaf bread, 50 on my milk, 40 for a cucumber....

My points are going up much faster. PLUS I’m still getting points for my shop & bonus points!

38222982-kAVkr.jpg
38222982-jEbEU.jpg
Edited by: "cazsilver" 7th Aug 2019
If you sign up for this, do you no longer get paper vouchers and other nectar offers?

I get similar to this through paper vouchers already - recently had a lot of 50 points for buying something I've bought before etc.
So Sainsburys have their own App for Nectar? Am guessing their own offers do not affect how your account operates with the other retailers?
I still get both
I've signed up and am currently receiving both now after trying it out for a few days. Does anybody know when the New Nectar offers update?
Jac_09/08/2019 14:00

I've signed up and am currently receiving both now after trying it out for …I've signed up and am currently receiving both now after trying it out for a few days. Does anybody know when the New Nectar offers update?

Every Friday I think.
I would be wary using the new app. Nectar have already rinsed my account of 1000 points through some cock up. Apparantly I was the other end of the country, redeeming points.

Very concerning.
I've been using this for some months and have racked up far more points than ever. The facility to have persistent 'favourites' seemed particularly valuable for example 70 points for a can costing 35p - there's now a stash in the garage obtained free.

However I have tried to change favourites today, deleting one and hoping to add another, but notice the button to 'heart' a favourite has gone. Hope it's just a weekend glitch.
I’m the same as you. I’v got lots more points with new nectar. I’m sure I read somewhere the “favourites” points were ending the end August
cazsilver01/09/2019 20:42

I’m the same as you. I’v got lots more points with new nectar. I’m sure I r …I’m the same as you. I’v got lots more points with new nectar. I’m sure I read somewhere the “favourites” points were ending the end August

Yeah, I couldn't add a favourite, and now it seems to be gone from the website and app.

That sucks. You could really rinse it with the favourites.
Well with the removal of favourites this offer went from great to very rubbish.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants