New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October

Editor 29
Found 22nd Aug 2017
Introducing the New Nintendo #3DS XL – Super Nintendo Entertainment System Edition, coming to store shelves on 13/10! #NintendoGC

2770439.jpg
[Source]

2770439-qDumE.jpg

2770439-qVj26.jpg
Want!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
29 Comments

Desperately trying to cash in after the mini.

Will it come with a load of virtual console games pre installed

Ooh, shiny!

How fast will preorders and stock go for this? I bet it will all go from UK retailers within 2 days.

Does it come with it's own 3DS charger in the box?

Nintendo are the masters of milking every last drop from their archives.

I like the design, I think it will be worth buying 2 for eBay profit.

david_wavid6 m ago

I like the design, I think it will be worth buying 2 for eBay profit.

I'm gonna try and get two, one to enjoy and play and the other to recoup most of my money back

hass1236 m ago

I'm gonna try and get two, one to enjoy and play and the other to recoup …I'm gonna try and get two, one to enjoy and play and the other to recoup most of my money back

I will do the same. Love free Nintendo consoles.
Edited by: "david_wavid" 22nd Aug 2017

Original Poster Editor

hass12318 m ago

Does it come with it's own 3DS charger in the box?

The image in the OP suggests it doesn't unfortunately bud.

Does this come loaded with the snes classics???

if it does come with the same games as on the snes mini this is a day 1 purchase for me.

BuzzDuraband2 m ago

I just read that on the box... what??? how can it not come with a charger??

BuzzDuraband3 m ago

Thanks for the reply Buzz, I was hoping to use an official 3DS Charger with it but I do have one of those eBay 3DS cables which works on my Pikachu 3DS XL.

Original Poster Editor

joanddan72 m ago

I just read that on the box... what??? how can it not come with a charger??

They generally don't. It was suprising that the New 2DS did.

BuzzDuraband1 m ago

They generally don't. It was suprising that the New 2DS did.

The Mrs has a 3ds and I have a Ds and both were bought in the days when you got a charger... it seems bonkers to me.

just a way to get you to pay more instantly.

how many kids on xmas day end up with a console and no charger lol.

Original Poster Editor

joanddan71 m ago

how many kids on xmas day end up with a console and no charger lol.

It happened in our house a couple of years ago when I bought the boy a New 3DS XL. Poor little sod had to wait until Argos opened on Boxing Day. Not entirely Nintendos fault. Bad parenting had to come into play there too

joanddan713 m ago

Does this come loaded with the snes classics???if it does come with the …Does this come loaded with the snes classics???if it does come with the same games as on the snes mini this is a day 1 purchase for me.

If it does come with the same games then this would be a way better deal than the snes mini. The snes mini would likely be similar to the nes mini, a cheap plastic shell with cheap internals and construction (just simple enough to pass safety tests) which didn't even use up more than 70% of the space inside, so much space left that you could have stuck a battery inside and made the nes mini portable. The new 3DS XL has all 3DS and new 3DS games plus the virtual console and C Stick.

joanddan79 m ago

The Mrs has a 3ds and I have a Ds and both were bought in the days when …The Mrs has a 3ds and I have a Ds and both were bought in the days when you got a charger...

I almost read that wrong

hass12339 m ago

If it does come with the same games then this would be a way better deal …If it does come with the same games then this would be a way better deal than the snes mini. The snes mini would likely be similar to the nes mini, a cheap plastic shell with cheap internals and construction (just simple enough to pass safety tests) which didn't even use up more than 70% of the space inside, so much space left that you could have stuck a battery inside and made the nes mini portable. The new 3DS XL has all 3DS and new 3DS games plus the virtual console and C Stick.

looking at the articles that cover this since seeing this here it appears just to be a different case...

thus to me rendering it pointless...

its like a Mario Edition console not shipping with a Mario game, the outside looks good and all but its not a snes version if it doesn't come with anything snesy not in my view anyway.

31751935-XVBQ6.jpg

That looks fantastic. So tempted.

Also a new wave of SNES Classic Mini consoles coming to Argos confirmed for preorder according to the Express express.co.uk/ent…mes

When is this available to pre order then?

Oh Nintendo, you know my weak spot don't you??

david_wavid21 h, 43 m ago

I will do the same. Love free Nintendo consoles.

You could sell both and, you know, buy something decent.

splatsplatsplat31 m ago

You could sell both and, you know, buy something decent.

Like?

looks horrible... like the snes i guess

Coolcatcarter8822nd Aug

Nintendo are the masters of milking every last drop from their archives.

You're right, but like most things, while people keep buying them, Nintendo will keep churning them out.

I'm seriously tempted by this. Got a standard 3DS XL but this looks sweet! I think it really hits the spot for me as the SNES brings back fondest memories of childhood gaming, I think it's the console I spent most hours on.

Just hope this isn't extortionately priced!

Mines arrived! So pretty! My unboxing
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions