Groups

New Nokia 3310 Re-Launch (Looks hella cool and Cheap aswell too)

i pre ordered me 2 of these 1 yellow and 1 blue , being a big fan of nokia back in its glory days as MOST of us were while they were dominating the Mobile Phones of that era go ahead and get yourself one or 2 aswell

carphonewarehouse.com/nok…888

https://media.carphonewarehouse.com/is/image/cpw2/nokia-6-3310-prereg?$xl-retina$

13 Comments

Oh no you didn't, you are about to feel the wrath of misc like I did the other night.

Original Poster

larrylightweight

Oh no you didn't, you are about to feel the wrath of misc like I did the … Oh no you didn't, you are about to feel the wrath of misc like I did the other night.

lol im ready 4 war

Loving the yellow! Thanks for info!

Don't know what the massive hype about these is. It's not a 3310 a company has just bought the rights to the name. Same as Kodak and Polaroid etc. Oh and btw you won't be able to use these soon as they are planning to turn off the 2g signal to make way for 5g. Could be as early as 2020
    Edited by: "barrel24" 28th Feb

Loving the new range with a nice untouched vanilla Android as standard, should make em, really nippy devices! I hope they will be a big success!

larrylightweight

Oh no you didn't, you are about to feel the wrath of misc like I did the … Oh no you didn't, you are about to feel the wrath of misc like I did the other night.

​I felt for you Larry! Personally I thought the new thread was justifiable... but hey ho...what do I know

barrel24

Don't know what the massive hype about these is. It's not a 3310 a … Don't know what the massive hype about these is. It's not a 3310 a company has just bought the rights to the name. Same as Kodak and Polaroid etc. Oh and btw you won't be able to use these soon as they are planning to turn off the 2g signal to make way for 5g. Could be as early as 2020

Oh no.. a £50 phone that will last for at least 3 years whatever will I do when my £50 phone only lasts 3 years.

People sink £70+ on one Saturday out drinking.

Na, the 3510i was better!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8f/Nokia3510i.jpg/220px-Nokia3510i.jpg

Gollywood

​I felt for you Larry! Personally I thought the new thread was j … ​I felt for you Larry! Personally I thought the new thread was justifiable... but hey ho...what do I know

Aww thank you Gollywood

ritchiedrama

Oh no.. a £50 phone that will last for at least 3 years whatever will I … Oh no.. a £50 phone that will last for at least 3 years whatever will I do when my £50 phone only lasts 3 years. Morons sink £70+ on one Saturday out drinking.

Corrected that for you.

No objection to people buying cheap phones, and (original) Nokia's profits were mainly from selling cheap phones like this to countries like India. A cheap 'glove box' phone is handy to have around though.

This is not a '3310' in my opinion though: it's a phone made by the company who bought the rights to use the name (that has a few of the old guard in its employ), and it doesn't look any more like a 3310 than many of the subsequent Nokias that were built over the last 15 years.

Which bit of this resembles a 3310? Compare them side by side and almost everything is different other than a vague nod towards the key layout. If they didn't come out and say this was called the 3310 I don't think many people would have even made the connection - they would have just said 'oh that's like one of thems Nokia phones we used to use.

What this has done is made me think that I might dig out my actual old 3210 from my parents' house and stick a SIM in it

Would of bite but I don't know how good Nokia series 30 is.

MR1123

Would of bite but I don't know how good Nokia series 30 is.

It's not Series 30 - that's discontinued. Confusingly this is unrelated and is called S30+ and is owned by Mediatek. It is a very VERY basic OS; although if you're even slightly concerned about apps then this is 100% not a phone to buy.

This phone is aimed at the very low-end market in Asian and African countries, and a few ex Nokia fans around the world looking for a retro hit. I was one of those people but unfortunately this phone hasn't lived up to my expectations as I don't believe it fulfils its main criteria - of actually looking like the 3310.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3801478
      2. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX55
      3. What is there free to do in your town?1725
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2179

See more discussions