New passports needed

Found 2nd Jul
Hi, I need to renew 3 passports (1 adult, 2 children, both have baby photos on current and they are 4 and 6 now). Im just wanting to know is sending via the post office and using check and send the best option or via online? We have a few month until were away so not in a rush. If i do them online, do new photos need to be sent with the printed declaration? Any help appreciated, thanks
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
It is clearly explained on the GOV website.
We just done our daughters first passport. In the end we done it online. Was so much easier. Just printed it off and had the photos to send off with it. Was cheaper doing it that way to. Only took a couple of weeks which I didn’t think was that bad for a child’s first passport. Hope that helped.
Hiya i just renewed mine online. Had a friend take a picture of me while standing by a white / cream wall and sent it for submission. Didnt have to get anything signed. Much cheaper than having to get the photos done. You just need to send them your old passports when you submit the form and they will keep you up to date when they received them etc.
I always do check and send via the post office its more expensive but i think its worth it.
I did my son's passport online earlier this year. You submit the picture and it tells you if it is acceptable or not. Have used post office check and send before now and had it went back. They obviously didn't check that closely.
psychobitchfromhell5 m ago

I did my son's passport online earlier this year. You submit the picture …I did my son's passport online earlier this year. You submit the picture and it tells you if it is acceptable or not. Have used post office check and send before now and had it went back. They obviously didn't check that closely.

So can I not renew online until I have a new photo taken so it can then be submitted?
Might be better as there are 3 of you to make an appointment at the passport office and go there. They will check everything there and you’ll get them in only a few days.
pltji1425 m ago

So can I not renew online until I have a new photo taken so it can then be …So can I not renew online until I have a new photo taken so it can then be submitted?

I took the picture in the kitchen on my tablet. Took a few attempts until I got one that was accepted but you just download it onto the online form and it tells you if it is acceptable or not and it not, why it isn't
Just renewed my daughters passports. Did the online thing but because I ticked the box that they were not recognisable from their old pics we had to get physical pics and get them countersigned.
You'll need the photos countersigned as your kids will be unrecognisable from the pics. Personally i always fill in the online application and have pics taken and then signed. Never use post office check and send like psychobitchfromhell I've had out come back but never when I've sent it myself. If you can read and follow instructions its not exactly hard. If you're stuck give the helpline a call they're extremely helpful.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants