Groups

New Paypal policies... bit confused

had an email with their policy updates...
    are they saying that they'll let credit ref agencies and debt collectors etc.. have our details whenever they want or is it just when we actually owe paypal money??
    sounds like they'll let them know an awful lot about us, or this could just be me being very thick lol!!!
    I don't think i mind too much but i know a few people that will!

6 Comments

I received one of these too. I was expecting to see "Mafia" on the list:)

Original Poster

Predikuesi;6950286

I received one of these too. I was expecting to see "Mafia" on the list:)

lmao i wouldn't be suprised

I think it's all info the Credit Reference agencies have been harvesting about folk for donkeys years anyway.

Hi Emma need to clear out your inbox

are they saying that they'll let credit ref agencies and debt collectors … are they saying that they'll let credit ref agencies and debt collectors etc.. have our details whenever they want or is it just when we actually owe paypal money??

The term you mean:

The Privacy Policy is being amended such that PayPal may disclose certain PayPal customer information to the following additional third parties (if applicable) for the following purposes:

Is not clear. "May disclose" means that they can do it whenever they want (as it does not state "reasonably") but then the "if applicable" sort of mitigates that, but I doubt sufficiently.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4952441
      2. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!810
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764716
      4. GCSE Results day78

See more discussions