Groups

New Pc

Hello,
    Ive just built a new pc and it works fine!
    I have the os installed on my ssd and eveything seems to be fine, however the system is running slow! Its not using its full capacity of ram and only uses 0-4% of the cpu! It wont let me load up youtube videos. Ive installed all the drivers. Could you please help! Thanks

10 Comments

You need to provide more information. Also how are you getting those figures for the CPU and RAM? You realise it is normal for your system to not use its full capacity in most cases... Loading YouTube videos is going to be separate issue most probably, that is even if the first is an issue!
    Edited by: "joshp" 12th Aug 2016

Original Poster

joshp

You need to provide more information. Also how are you getting those … You need to provide more information. Also how are you getting those figures for the CPU and RAM? You realise it is normal for your system to not use its full capacity in most cases... Loading YouTube videos is going to be separate issue most probably, that is even if the first is an issue!

I have 16gb of ram and realized it was my cheap wifi dongle that wouldnt load vids! Got ethernet plugged in now

1, do a speed test and check ur connection.
    2, from the start menu type device manger and make sure there isn't an issue with any drivers
    3, use Google Chrome or make sure you have the java plug in for your browser etc
    4, remove the ram and reinsert it.
    5, make sure your cpu fan is plugged into the cpu fan slot and not into a system fan slot.

Google your ram, especially timings etc, then manually enter them in the bios,
    My last build, the auto settings had mine running at 300mhz, rather than the 1800 it should have been, get this to see what it's currently running at cpuid.com/sof…tml

VGamer

I have 16gb of ram and realized it was my cheap wifi dongle that wouldnt … I have 16gb of ram and realized it was my cheap wifi dongle that wouldnt load vids! Got ethernet plugged in now

So everything's sorted?

Original Poster

joshp

So everything's sorted?

Think so, gonna just over some settings that ^^ recommend!

your pc willl only be as fast as the slowest component, in this case its the wi-fi sending/recieving data to your router. Thats the bottleneck, not your cpu or memory.

Superfetch probably isn't loading up the memory because it hasn't learned what your habits are yet. Give it a couple of weeks to see if that changes.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

Superfetch probably isn't loading up the memory because it hasn't learned … Superfetch probably isn't loading up the memory because it hasn't learned what your habits are yet. Give it a couple of weeks to see if that changes.

Alright mate, also my gpu hasn't arrived but it wouldnt change anything like that

Sounds like you need to download some more ram
    Edited by: "Daftfool666" 13th Aug 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten55
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.816
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047184

See more discussions