Original Poster

Del
Edited by: "JasonAJB" 20th Oct 2011

wheres the mobo

thats what hes asking, to recommend him 1

Original Poster

stiffnuts;5502353

wheres the mobo

I think you should have gone to specsavers.

Take a look at the ASROCK M3A790GXH 128M it's what many testers used on the 550. You may unlock the other cores or at least you can overclock it. Also has 3 pci express slots for crossfire.

Original Poster

Del
Edited by: "JasonAJB" 20th Oct 2011

JasonAJB;5502392

Will it work with the 550 straight out of the box? Iv had a few people … Will it work with the 550 straight out of the box? Iv had a few people recommend me motherboards that will only work after a bios update which will obviously require me to have an older am2 cpu to do, which i dont have :xEdit: seen thats its am3 with drr3 so will work straight away i presume scan only do the ma790 though, know where they sell them? Guessing its a bit cheaper :pEdit 2: seems a bit overkill for me tbh, know any cheaper boards that work out of the box with the 550?

I think the £40 extra investment is worth it IMO.

Oh Ebuyer sell it BTW.

You will also need an OS to budget for unless you are going the Linux route.....

Banned

Is that PSU strong enough?
with the HD 4850?

o 450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended (550 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)

Not sure if it needed to be stronger due to the other stuff you'l run etc?

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5502473

I think the £40 extra investment is worth it IMO.Oh Ebuyer sell it BTW.

Totally messed up when searching, was looking at a gigabyte ma790, the ebuyer one looks good, think il get it and change the ram in my first spec, thanks :thumbsup:

xmal;5502495

You will also need an OS to budget for unless you are going the Linux … You will also need an OS to budget for unless you are going the Linux route.....

Going to go for windows 7 for the time being

Original Poster

Conscept;5502539

Is that PSU strong enough?with the HD 4850?o 450 Watt or greater power … Is that PSU strong enough?with the HD 4850?o 450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended (550 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode) Not sure if it needed to be stronger due to the other stuff you'l run etc?

Nah that psu is well up to the job, the 450w recommendation is OTT, better safe then sorry in their eyes though, dont want someone ringing their customer services complaining it wont work in their 300w setup.

Banned

JasonAJB;5502548

Nah that psu is well up to the job, the 450w recommendation is OTT, … Nah that psu is well up to the job, the 450w recommendation is OTT, better safe then sorry in their eyes though, dont want someone ringing their customer services complaining it wont work in their 300w setup.

Ah cool, fair enough
I actually have a drive same as that LG one but mine is samsung.. specs wise.. cost me £17 and I never even opened the damn thing..

If you want it I might be able to post you it.. pay postage and its yours

It's just building dust in a cardboard wrapper they gave me.

Original Poster

Conscept;5502567

Ah cool, fair enough :DI actually have a drive same as that LG one but … Ah cool, fair enough :DI actually have a drive same as that LG one but mine is samsung.. specs wise.. cost me £17 and I never even opened the damn thing..If you want it I might be able to post you it.. pay postage and its yours :)It's just building dust in a cardboard wrapper they gave me.

Wow that'd be brilliant Definitely will do thank you!! :-D Pm me your details and postage costs

Conscept;5502567

Ah cool, fair enough :DI actually have a drive same as that LG one but … Ah cool, fair enough :DI actually have a drive same as that LG one but mine is samsung.. specs wise.. cost me £17 and I never even opened the damn thing..If you want it I might be able to post you it.. pay postage and its yours :)It's just building dust in a cardboard wrapper they gave me.

If the OP doesnt want it i'll have it! mine died after being bashed in a flat move lol.

Original Poster

ryouga;5502576

If the OP doesnt want it i'll have it! mine died after being bashed in a … If the OP doesnt want it i'll have it! mine died after being bashed in a flat move lol.

Beat you to it :giggle:

Banned

JasonAJB;5502571

Wow that'd be brilliant Definitely will do thank you!! :-D Pm me your … Wow that'd be brilliant Definitely will do thank you!! :-D Pm me your details and postage costs

Details sent bro

Banned

ryouga;5502576

If the OP doesnt want it i'll have it! mine died after being bashed in a … If the OP doesnt want it i'll have it! mine died after being bashed in a flat move lol.

Sorry about that bud :oops:

Banned

aria.co.uk/Pro…225

That's the drive btw,
Think it has lightscribe too lol

Original Poster

Conscept;5502630

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/CD%2FDVD+Drives/Internal/SATA/20x+Samsung+TSH653B+20X+SATA+DVDR-W+Black+?productId=33225That's the drive btw,Think it has lightscribe too lol

Was wondering what drive it was but didnt want to sound picky when im only paying postage haha.
Payment sent + rep, thanks again

Banned

JasonAJB;5502674

Was wondering what drive it was but didnt want to sound picky when im … Was wondering what drive it was but didnt want to sound picky when im only paying postage haha.Payment sent + rep, thanks again

Thanks for the +rep bud!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Paw patrol sea patroller44
    2. Credit Card Debt Question...55
    3. Is this expensive?713
    4. Google maps on Plusnet22

See more discussions