Groups
    EXPIRED

New PC for £250 without a monitor please

No monitor needed so have £250 to spend for the highest spec that can buy me please.

13 Comments

Original Poster

Arent dual cores old now though

So does it have to be quad core?

A quad core processor is about £160 alone, £90 for case, mobo, RAM etc. is going to be insufficent for the processor.

Original Poster

How about core2duo?

odriscoll

How about core2duo?

That is dual core.

I like this deal:
    hotukdeals.com/for…540
    From MikeT, but its a Dell.
    Just modify some of the components to get the spec you want, its currently £211 for the PC with Athlon 64 X2 3600+, 1024MB DDR 2, 250GB HDD, mouse and keyboard. The intergrated graphics may need upgrading but its a good spec PC.

pcworld.co.uk/mar…485

decent specs refurb but still 12 months warranty,spend the extra 20 quid on another gig of ram,dont even consider running vistas premium on a gig your page filing will drive you insane.

dont know about advent pc's if they lock the motherboard out otherwise you will get a good overvclock.

betelgeus

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0459698081.1185454286@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccfjaddliekgikecflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=083559&category_oid=-28485decent specs refurb but still 12 months warranty,spend the extra 20 quid on another gig of ram,dont even consider running vistas premium on a gig your page filing will drive you insane.dont know about advent pc's if they lock the motherboard out otherwise you will get a good overvclock.

Wow that is the exact PC I have, Advent T9308 I bought it for £499 with an 17" screen. Yes I got ripped but you know technology grows all the time. First thing I did was upgrade the 1GB RAM, which cost me £30 back when I bought it and is recommended to everyone! Yes the motherboard is locked and cant be overclocked. Only 2 slots for RAM so you might as well change the motherboard and overclock the processor!

emasu

]http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1193772079.1185476820@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccffaddliekgiilcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=1&sm=1&tm=4&sku=574221&category_oid=-26387£219 delivered using AW20AUG

and deliverfree for free delivery..and through quidco for 3.5% cashback

Careful with PC world PC's had 3 faulty ones in a row and 4th got "lost" in transit, 5th is great though.

dell are pretty good now i dont know why everyone bitches about it

they benefit from low advertising costs and purchasing economies of scale - buy in bulk to recieve discounts which reflect on the price to the consumer

i recently got a decent dell setup for £500 with decent spec and 20" widescreen monitor
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent hoover66
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)46
      3. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment66
      4. Iptv814

See more discussions