New PC graphics card

Posted 3rd Feb
I'm looking at possibly getting a new gaming PC ready for MS flight sim 20 and wondering which is the better card to have:

1. RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
or
2. Dual GTX 1080 with 8GB
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Probably best to wait till Ampere and Big Navi are released.
Thanks, I didnt think of that, i'm in no rush so can wait for a bit.
SLI was always a problem for me.
Lack of support from games, plus extra heat and extra power.
Since it's for Flight Sim 20 maybe best to wait
I'm excited to see how my pc will perform pretty good machine but it's certainly more mid range than high end
I heard most the game runs of the cloud so I wonder if you need a good internet speed or not since apparently the games so big hard drives can't handle it
Edited by: "Norseg" 3rd Feb
its not good on sli, just googled it.. go for the ti
Dual cards are extremely hit or miss, as support for SLI / Crossfire is extremely patchy, some things will rock with dual cards, but most won't. It's a technology that's had its day, though even in it's prime, it was still hit or miss... more manky old beer than fine wine
Norseg03/02/2020 17:54

I wonder if you need a good internet speed or not since apparently the …I wonder if you need a good internet speed or not since apparently the games so big hard drives can't handle it

Im on BT getting approx 40-45mb. No Virgin or 5G yet.
Edited by: "samosa" 4th Feb
samosa:
Im on BT getting approx 40-45mb. No Virgin or 5G yet.

Thats obviously enough but I'm just curious on how the game is going to run if you have a poor connection since I heard it loads assets from the cloud but the base game you have to download. Not sure how it works I'm skeptical

Btw you definitely don't want sli anymore. It's dead I remember pre 10 series it used to be debatable if you should or shouldn't, now it's a definite no

Do you need the pc now or are building because flight sim 20, if I didn't need to upgrade till than I wouldn't be say if I was struggling to run games I wouldnt wait

2080 Ti is the way I'll go if I could afford it

I hope my 5700 XT Ryzen 3600 build performs well enough it's not exactly budget or old it's pretty popular combo rn but it's Flight Sim X I think it will since it's double the power of an Xbox X and regular Xbox one will have it. Curious to see how they're going to run that on a Xbox One Original since that's really struggling nowadays
Edited by: "Norseg" 4th Feb
I’m not in any rush as fsx runs fine on my really old pc, It an old quad core 2.8ghz, 8gb ram, 500gb ssd and Xfx 5770 xxx. I think it’s a dimension 6400.
Edited by: "samosa" 4th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants