Groups

new pc to sony tv not working

Cant get a signal ,only black screen,I set this pc up on a different sony tv before xmas as a present,now when i connect to my sons tv through hdmi cable,all i get is black screen.?

11 Comments

have you got the correct hdmi input selected on the tv?

Can you confirm other devices work through that HDMI socket. Also have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Some TVs only take PC signal through a certain HDMI socket, and not them all.

Try restarting the PC with cables plugged in

Original Poster

I can confirm that I have tried 2 hdmi cables ,also selected the right hdmi on tv remote.
    Hdmi port 1 and 2 have been tried on a 1 year old led sony tv .These ports work no problem for his ps4
    Thanks
    Before xmas it worked no problem on a different tv.

try putting the tv in gaming mode and what resultion is ur pc in.

Try it using VGA cable. See if you can get into it and let it run updates. It could be a graphics card driver issue.

Original Poster

I will try a few things and get back thanks all

Original Poster

Got sorted,sorry all.i had the hdmi plugged into motherboard hdmi socket,instead of the graphics card hdmi socket .all back up and running .thanks

Haha. Glad you got it sorted.

Original Poster

tommy6000009

Haha. Glad you got it sorted.

I was thinking the worst,i thought it was totally broke ,i even took the side panels off and checked all connections and refitted the graphics card until i realised my stupid fault.But son is happy now that its working again.Big thanks all ,for your time and advice
    Spot on
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians812
      2. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?710
      3. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1319
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414

See more discussions