Expired

new PDA

Found 12th Apr 2006
looking for a new PDA , dell has the x51 for £230 ish anything better value around than that ?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

try on the o2 xda mini s

i've got an xda mini s from o2 and love it (perhaps a little too much... anyway...) but i now wish i'd waited a couple of months (if i knew what i know now) and go for the t-mobile flext plans, and get the t-mobile model as above (can't remember the name), with sat nav for around £50 to £100! (or free without sat nav, or free on a higher tarrif)

Edit: i've just looked on the t-mobile site and can't seem to find that phone anymore, weird

tomk

looking for a new PDA , dell has the x51 for £230 ish anything better … looking for a new PDA , dell has the x51 for £230 ish anything better value around than that ?

Avoid one if it has Windows Mobile 5 preinstalled. Quit a number of x51 owners have problem with their units especially the one with StrataFlash ROM. But if you still fancy Dell PDA, go for the the x51v one, it has VGA screen though many applications do not take advantage of the VGA screen (even the OS itself, it does double pixeling instead).

Oh, I've iPAQ HX4700 running on WM5 (and experienced the same problem as those x51* owners too :).

It is true that Windows Mobile 5 causes problems on the Axim. I have the x50 and installing WN5 caused me loads of problems.

Fortunately Dell have a download that rolls back the x50 to Windows Mobile 2003. So I've switched to that.

Although it's no use to me now, since I bought the Mio A701 PDA/Phone/Sat Nav I never use the Axim so will be eBaying it very soon.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition881167
    2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in London at the Capital Hotel, Knight…33
    3. OnePlus 5T International Giveaway! Gleam22
    4. telegraph/BA/visittobago comp - win a holiday in tobago22

See more discussions