Groups

New Philips Hue?

Hello

Does anyone know if there Philips are due to release new Hue kit?
    I've spent the last few months debating about buying Philips Hue and decided to take the plunge. Ordered a led strip and the £59 starter kit Nd the starter kit didn't get delivered as out of stock despite website showing it was in stock.
    Looking around other sites finding a lot of the hue kit now appears to be out of stock. Is this a sign of new bridges and starter kits to come and if so I wander when? I don't want to buy the bridge 2 and see a 3 come out and the 2 prices plummet or miss new features.

I've tried to google it and can only find info on the 2 release last year.

If anyone knows thatd be pretty awesome.

Cheers

5 Comments

hue one still works fine,depends if you're linking with anything else,personally I'd buy the 2 gen hub and wait and see,check maplin,amazon warehouse deals and cex,for used stuff..the hue bulbs are almost bulletproof,I blew the socket and the bulb is fine..as far as feature differing between one and two...only difference is in setting scenes via alexa.hope that helps.

Original Poster

Ye would like a 2 over a 1. But don't want to buy it is a 3 is due out

There's no news on a 3rd gen, can't imagine what extra it could offer anyway

There is already a thread about Hue ... Here

They have the second generation bulbs... The "richer colours". It's that what you ordered?

I am interested in buying these at some point.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944504
      2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983131
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1932
      4. word survey1114

See more discussions