Groups
    EXPIRED

New Phone...

Hey everyone, basically on Saturday and had a accident which led to me falling pretty hard on the road and cracking my screen on my sammy d600. I ordered a replacement screen and by the time I will have installed it, I would destroy the phone, so I am now on the look out for a new phone, this is some of the things I am looking at:

[LIST]Has to be better then the D600(MAJOR)[/LIST]
    [LIST]Be on Virgin Network(MAJOR) or unlocked![/LIST]
    [LIST]And cheap(nothing over 200)[/LIST]

Thanks, hopefully someone can help.

Kevin

22 Comments

£200 nowadays will get u pretty much any top end phone now! The world is your oyster. Select a few you're interested in, and I will see what I can find

Original Poster

Well really, I liked my D600 alot, and I dont see the point in paying out money agian for the same model, so was considering the D900 really, but seems rather expensive...

dialaphonepp.co.uk/ppl…16E

£179.95. If you go to the vouchers page, you will also get 10% off this, so in total it will be about £162 ish. I know its on tmobile, but go to a local mobile phone store, pay roughly a fiver to unlock and bobs your uncle. £30+ under your £200 budget

Original Poster

Hmm still not happy lol, think i saw it cheap at carphonewarehouse, i came to the conclusion that I probally have to settle for another network and then have to unlock it though Any other phones I should consider?

I would Recomend any of the latest SonyE's

k800i for 149.99

roadie

k800i for 149.99

Thats a good buy imo. Ive had a D600, was gonna move to the D900, had a look at it, and also thinner, i found it so much bigger than the D600 and also was more or less identical to the D600 which put me off.

I now have the K800i which is an amazing. My opinion is that it is so much more user friendly than samsung. Ive been with samsung since back in the E700 days, and do not regret going to the K800i now. Even though it is a bit chunky.

My advice is have a play with some SE phones before you make up your mind!

Good Luck

I'm not too sure on whether the K800i can be unlocked ver easily, but if it can then this is a steal as it's a great phone: hotukdeals.com/for…00i

It's all a bit difficult when sticking with Virgin Mobile... a lot of the best offers are on Orange or o2... But here's a couple of Virgin offers...

Samsung D900: £199.99 for the phone + £45 airtime on Virgin Mobile + £5 cashback via QuidCo.com. Click Here.

Also, consider the W810i, D900 and K800i here... all with £35 free airtime and £5 cashback via QuidCo, although there is a £2.99 delivery charge. Click Here.

d900 from CPW 169 or 164 with quidco and £10 vodaffone credit included in that price

unlocked and unbranded

k800i can be unlocked by vodafone for 19.99 by calling customer services or emailing them, so not to bad

Col

im selling a w810i 100 quid

Original Poster

Basically, thanks to you lot lol you have gave me a dilema! I did want a Samsung D900, but alot of people think there aint nothing major new, unlike the K800i, what you lot think? BTW, I am willing to o2, if anyone can help

FUnction wise, both the D900 and K800i can do the same things. Eg both have mp3 player/card slot/camera.

Main differences......

D900 is slim, thats the only part that does it for me. Because you've had a D600, like I did, I got excited when I heard the D900 came out, wanted to get it. When I had a look at it, I thought it was massive cause I was used to D600. Its also identical in features.

K800i - amazing camera beyond expectation for a mobile phone. Very user friendly. Eg with samsung to send text = menu/messages/create message/create sms/type message/press continue/select recipient/are you sure?/possitive?/ and finally send............k800 = create sms/type message/send......you get the idea.

The downside is that its quite chunky

I would strongly advise you to check out both phones in action. Let me know how you get on! Any Q's, do ask

Original Poster

Well I do like the D900, but at Play I see the K800 being cheap, only thing, I wanna know if there is a easy way getting it unlocked.

So really the D900 is just a slimmed D600 with a new camera? And the K800 is completely a perfect phone? lol

If I remember correctly, Virgin Mobile use T-Mobile's network for their coverage so your Virgin simcard should work in a T-Mobile phone.

It used to work in the past, I have not tried it for a couple of years. It's worth checking out mate, will save you trying to get a phone unlucked if you purchase one on T-Mobile.

Original Poster

beerman1

If I remember correctly, Virgin Mobile use T-Mobile's network for their … If I remember correctly, Virgin Mobile use T-Mobile's network for their coverage so your Virgin simcard should work in a T-Mobile phone.It used to work in the past, I have not tried it for a couple of years. It's worth checking out mate, will save you trying to get a phone unlucked if you purchase one on T-Mobile.

Can anyone confirm this? As if this is true, then it could be the best thing since slice bread lol. Thanks beerman

Kzeove

Can anyone confirm this? As if this is true, then it could be the best … Can anyone confirm this? As if this is true, then it could be the best thing since slice bread lol. Thanks beerman

I can confirm this to be true in my experience and recently also.
    Bought a LG phone from Argos on T Mobile at Christmas and put a Virgin sim in from getting it out of the box. Worked a treat.

Whether this is the same with every phone from every maker I don't know.

Original Poster

Looks like I am on the lookout for a T-Mobile phone now lol as there cheaper then Virgin, yet I will still use a Virgin card

Pm'd you Kzeove

Original Poster

col

Pm'd you Kzeove

Thanks for your advice mate, gave him a buzz and just await a email back, then I think I will get the K800, as to get the D900 unlocked and such, looking around about 180+ so would be worth while I guess

Kzeove

Well I do like the D900, but at Play I see the K800 being cheap, only … Well I do like the D900, but at Play I see the K800 being cheap, only thing, I wanna know if there is a easy way getting it unlocked.So really the D900 is just a slimmed D600 with a new camera? And the K800 is completely a perfect phone? lol

Correct, D900 is slimmed, but 'larger' D600. There are a few minor tweaks, like an automatic update wallpaper depending on what country you're in for example, if you're in the UK, Big Ben is displayed, France, Eiffel tower etc etc. Nothing functionally is different. 3mp camera does not compare to K800i, or even the K750's 2mp.

K800i is not perfect, I have the phone, its great but imo it is too big! It is also just a 'candybar' phone. I do miss the slide mechanism on the D600. It does however fix the little things Samsung leave out - user friendliness, being able to set your own message tone as I believe samsung doesnt let you do that :? . Camera has too be seen in action.

Hope this helps, go into a shop, have a go with them!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Finally a phone that allows you to have a message tone lol, for a strange reason thats something I really miss on my D600 lol. I am about 80% SE and 20% Samsung, only thing is that I need confirmation that I will be able to get the thing unlocked as I aint happy with Vodafone, and prefer my Virgin sim to be in there

Kevin

im in the exact situation as you kzeove

i want the k800i on 02,but i would ONLY acept it on vodafone AS LONG as it can be debranded and i already know that it can be unlocked,for about £5.

does anyone have any suggestions for me.

sorry for hijacking the thread
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Electricity68
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…48
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)59
      4. iPhone charging cable.917

See more discussions