Groups

New phone for my friend- Advice please?

My friend has asked me to research a new phone for him

he is currently using a failing iPhone 4, and gave me 50 quid to look for a new phone

obviously iPhone 5c or S is an easy option for 100-150 ish

I know a few things about phones and £50 is really not a lot for an upgrade

If I could push him up to perhaps 80-120 what would you guys advise?

I was thinking a cheap Redmi, a Smart Ultra or a Gigaset, but please I am more than free for suggestions

thanks in advance,
    Alfie

4 Comments

Tell him to stop being lazy and look for his own phone unless he's giving you £50 as a finder's fee

£50 for a phone will be a down grade in the iPhone in one way shape or another.
    Guess have a look to see if you could bag a moto E third gen?

If they go up to 120 ish then the P9 lite is the phone in praise at the moment. Very good spec for the price.
    Also consider honor phones. I think there is a couple at that price with pluses and minuses.

All these are of course android. If they want iPhone I imagine it'll be a 5c as you say, guessing 2nd hand.

Original Poster

Cakeboy79

Tell him to stop being lazy and look for his own phone unless he's giving … Tell him to stop being lazy and look for his own phone unless he's giving you £50 as a finder's fee

Not everyone has the tech knowledge to look for themselves, and I prefer to help my friends instead of laughing at their incompetence :')

Besides its my aunt's funeral today and I welcome the distraction for a few minutes

doncoop

£50 for a phone will be a down grade in the iPhone in one way shape or … £50 for a phone will be a down grade in the iPhone in one way shape or another. Guess have a look to see if you could bag a moto E third gen?If they go up to 120 ish then the P9 lite is the phone in praise at the moment. Very good spec for the price. Also consider honor phones. I think there is a couple at that price with pluses and minuses. All these are of course android. If they want iPhone I imagine it'll be a 5c as you say, guessing 2nd hand.

Exactly

Moto E would certainly bne an upgrade, albeit a slight one

The p9 lite is an easy option, as it something like the LG G3, but he wants something around iphone size, I wouldn't say bigger than perhaps 5.2 inches

iPhone 5c/s is last resort as it is the more expensive option than upgrading to a cheap android

-Something with a 5 ish inch screen
    -Decent battery life (better than an old iphone anyways!)
    -Capable of relatively lag free light/medium usage

I'm leaning towards a Gigaset or a Doogie or something

Well personally I think the moto E will be a downgrade on camera and just usage.

Well if you can convince them to move to Android I'd recommend the xiaomi redmi phones. I've had the redmi 3 which is fantastic.

The redmi 4 pro is about 120 atm and gives you a 5 inch phone. Could probably get a 3s prime for less than 100.

Just gotta factor in band 20 support for those as they don't tend to have them which limits 4g capabilities
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions