Groups

new phone - only need 1 important feature

I am due an upgrade, i wanted a note 4, but it is silly money and i dont use the phoen that much.
    I am lookign for 1 main feature and a couple of minor / standard features
    Main - i use a Samsung note 2 and l have a samung TV - i love the ability to stream from the phoen to the TV any videos via the built in video player over wireless network.
    Thats what i need any new handset to do - built in or decent app (no bloat rubbish, just one press to show the video on the tv)
    minor features would be decent screen size - i.e. note 2 / note 4 size, high resolution (better then note 2). decent storage.
    powerful enough to handle the streaming without problems - note 2 handles flawlessly - so anythign more powerful should be fine.

The video files are up to 2GB ,and can be 1080p (yify files)

9 Comments

64g one plus one. I'm sure you can get a google Chromecast to stream content from the phone to the tv

Why don't you keep the Note 2 specifically for those purposes if it's still working well?

So you want a samsung. With the same size screen as the notes. Better than a note 2 cheaper than a note 4. Note 3?

How does your phone connect to your samsung TV? I ask as my samsung TV has DLNA I believe. Thats the feature you need in a media player app.

I use Avia which I believe can connect to the TV. Doesnt cost much and works well.

Just get a sim only deal and keep the note 2

A mate who works for Asda tells me they might the Note 3 for around the £200 mark some time soon (he's right about 75% of the time)...

Do you really need that upgrade?

As others are saying, if the phones going strong and does exactly what you require then keep it. Get a sim only contract and save some monies.
    Peace.

Original Poster

doncoop

How does your phone connect to your samsung TV? I ask as my samsung TV … How does your phone connect to your samsung TV? I ask as my samsung TV has DLNA I believe. Thats the feature you need in a media player app.I use Avia which I believe can connect to the TV. Doesnt cost much and works well.

not sure how it works, the TV is lan connected to the router, and i just have wifi on the mobile, play a video and press the button in the corner which plays it on the tv instead.
    I have tried apps on other tvs, but nothing is as smooth and simple as the samsung note video player.

I think everyone is right - just stick wit hit as it works,
    its a little slow, and opening the gallery (theres a fair few pics but not hundreds, i opften delete them once uplaoded to dropbox and jsut keep important/recent ones) and camera can be a pain when trying to take a quick pic of the children, but guess can live with it for time being.
    thanks for replies. xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29313807
      2. Walker crisps22
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767532
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563843

See more discussions