Groups

new phone recommendations

Got a sim only plan but in need of a new mobile will spend 200 max but less is better needs to have a good cam as i take pics of the kids and print them off

12 Comments

Original Poster

I was looking at the motog4 or samsung a3 but not to sure help

For pictures the Nokia lumia 1020 getting old though.

The moto g4 is very impressive for the cost

Huawei P9 Lite Got one on the strength of this deal

hotukdeals.com/dea…526

Brilliant phone for the money..........

Edit : If the above deal has gone they are still doing it for £189 with the beats headphones to flog on ebay ...

shop.ee.co.uk/mob…ils
    Edited by: "mfactor" 8th Jan

I have the G4 Plus.

It is worth the extra for the fast charger alone, not that it gets much use. The battery life is the best I have had so far, by a long way. I rarely have to recharge in the day, and I would class myself as a medium to heavy user.

You also get a better camera on the Plus.

It is a great phone for the money. You won't regret it if you buy it.

My only niggle.... If you want dual sim, you have to have a white one.

I went for black as I prefer it to white.

My OH bought this one for around 50 quid at the time (price went up to about 85 quid later):
    hotukdeals.com/dea…426
    Took a few weeks to arrive but she's very happy with it.

There are known issues with 'ghost touch' on the Moto G4 and G4 Plus and Motorola's customer 'service' sucks. If you buy one then get it from a reputable third party retailer NOT direct from Motorola.

Original Poster

noelphobic

There are known issues with 'ghost touch' on the Moto G4 and G4 Plus and … There are known issues with 'ghost touch' on the Moto G4 and G4 Plus and Motorola's customer 'service' sucks. If you buy one then get it from a reputable third party retailer NOT direct from Motorola.

I have just noticed this looking on various review sites online but majority of reviews are good what would you recommend

sd13

I have just noticed this looking on various review sites online but … I have just noticed this looking on various review sites online but majority of reviews are good what would you recommend

​OH has a G4. Its been faultless.

dothedealnow

​OH has a G4. Its been faultless.

How long has he had it?

sd13

I have just noticed this looking on various review sites online but … I have just noticed this looking on various review sites online but majority of reviews are good what would you recommend

I'm a bit of a technophobe so don't feel qualified to answer that. My Moto G4 is sat in a drawer and is useless. I've just ordered a Cubot Max, although I've yet to get a refund from Motorola, so am making a Section 75 claim with my credit card company.

No doubt I will now be told that the Cubot Max is rubbish.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It was forty years ago today......617
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …917
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2562
      4. word survey46

See more discussions