Groups

new power adapter for WD external hard drive

The cable of the power adaptor of my WD external hard drive is breaking. Any idea where I can get an affordable replacement that does not go up in flames (i.e. no cheap China stuff)?

Many thanks in advance.

7 Comments

Original Poster

PICTURE of back of adapter

Edited by: "Resali" 9th Sep 2016

just pop onto cpc and find a 12v 1.5amp adapter with a positive pin. Any idea what the size of the power pin is ?
    Anyway what's wrong with the old adaptor ?

Is that any good?

Original Poster

Thanks everyone. The cable is breaking so that the adapter is unsafe to use. I have checked all your suggestions and found that by searching for the model number Google comes up with a few replacement adapters tested with my hard drive. WD's own website was my initial guess, but i could not find my hard drive.

Resali

Thanks everyone. The cable is breaking so that the adapter is unsafe to … Thanks everyone. The cable is breaking so that the adapter is unsafe to use. I have checked all your suggestions and found that by searching for the model number Google comes up with a few replacement adapters tested with my hard drive. WD's own website was my initial guess, but i could not find my hard drive.

post a pic of the cable break. Might just need cutting and fitting a connector.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Safest type of external hard drive?11
      2. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?914
      3. Clove.co.uk22
      4. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?44

See more discussions