New Pricespy price comparison integration.

Country Manager13
Posted 30th Jun
Hi everyone

Just a heads up on a recent change to the site you may have noticed.

On our search results and product group pages, we have for a long time had a price comparison box, to show you what other prices are available on those sorts of items around the web. Obviously we think that deals, with the ability to be voted and commented on, are the best way to understand what the top offers really are - but scraping the internet for some extra context in terms of price is always helpful.

Previously we used the Idealo price comparison tool, but increasingly we found our editors preferred Pricespy when researching their own deals - on average it seems to have a great range and returns more results. So we wanted to use this one for all our members too, and have worked hard to get this new partnership in place and made live on the site.

It will appear as below, provided you have got 'Hide Price Comparison' unticked in the filters, see pic at bottom (thanks @fearona ) - please let us know any feedback you have on this change

Search page

3496249.jpg
Product group page

3496249.jpg
How to ensure you see it - untick this box:

3496249-Fuiea.jpg
Community Updates
Official Announcements
13 Comments
Nice, I prefer price Spy, when is this live?
Dan30/06/2020 11:23

It's live already - let us know if you can't see it (eg, at the top here: …It's live already - let us know if you can't see it (eg, at the top here: https://www.hotukdeals.com/search?q=ps4)

Ive cleared the cache and cant see anything:

41251441-KteQ6.jpg
Edited by: "darthvader666uk" 30th Jun
41251752-B57mP.jpgI can see it on mobile (Firefox for android), no cache tweaking done.
Need to alter filters, untick "hide price comparison"
Edited by: "fearona" 30th Jun
41251819-C4UHA.jpg
Edited by: "fearona" 30th Jun
you caught up at last! lol well done. i always wonderd why u used that one.
darthvader666uk30/06/2020 11:26

Ive cleared the cache and cant see anything:[Image]

Great spot by @fearona - you need to untick 'Hide Price Comparison' in the filters

41251865-bZbGc.jpg
Dan30/06/2020 12:09

Great spot by @fearona - you need to untick 'Hide Price Comparison' in the …Great spot by @fearona - you need to untick 'Hide Price Comparison' in the filters[Image]

boom thank you!
Does this work ok iphone app v
abdul530/06/2020 14:16

Does this work ok iphone app v

Not on either app at the moment I'm afraid
Dan30/06/2020 15:22

Not on either app at the moment I'm afraid

That would be really really good if it would work on the apps!!
Nice. Idealo was worse than useless as it would show prices that weren't obtainable, I clicked many times on it and not once was the price offered the same. Clickbaiters.
Post a comment
@
    Text