Found 8th Sep 2009
Hi all I have a 60gb ps3 and I'm wondering if it's worth trading it in for the new one???

Is there much difference other than the size???

Is it worth just keeping my 60gb???

1. Misc
  2. PS3
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PS3
19 Comments

I wouldn't keep it too old now.

im not so sure about the new ps3 slim, does your ps3 60gb play ps2 games? I still think they are worth a lot more than the newer ps3 models! I've also heard the new slim has been overheating, but that maybe a rumour?? Hopefully someone else will be able to tell some more info!

am in the same boat mate i fancy the new one cause its quieter but i will miss the features of the 60 card readers etc

Original Poster

Cagwell;6239492

im not so sure about the new ps3 slim, does your ps3 60gb play ps2 games? … im not so sure about the new ps3 slim, does your ps3 60gb play ps2 games? I still think they are worth a lot more than the newer ps3 models! I've also heard the new slim has been overheating, but that maybe a rumour?? Hopefully someone else will be able to tell some more info!

Yeah it plays ps2 games mate, that's what I was thinking about being worth more as it's all the original stuff, is there anything on the new one that should catch my eye??

I exchanged mine for the slim. Play a lot of movies on mine, and its like ive gone deaf its so quiet! My 60gb sounded like a jumbo jet taking off compared to this one.

Original Poster

Hutchie;6239537

I exchanged mine for the slim. Play a lot of movies on mine, and its like … I exchanged mine for the slim. Play a lot of movies on mine, and its like ive gone deaf its so quiet! My 60gb sounded like a jumbo jet taking off compared to this one.

Lol, where did you exchange? how much did u get for ur old one and how much was the new one?

Keep your 60gb as they are hard to find nowadays. Buy a new 200gb harddrive for £40 and bob's your mothers brother!

it doesn't seem to be much different, only quiet, smaller, lighter, and uses less power.
]http//ww…ew/

For me I'd stick by my old 60gb, but then if you get the new one, you will have a new warrenty, which I guess is a good thing in some cases!

dutch_courage;6239564

Lol, where did you exchange? how much did u get for ur old one and how … Lol, where did you exchange? how much did u get for ur old one and how much was the new one?

Gamestation, got £196 trade against the new one (package at £249.99). Used the price match against CEX as they only normally give £125.

Plus I bought mine a year or so ago second hand with no warranty, with the noise it made im sure it was on its way out. So a new slim with 12mths warranty (actually took out 2 yrs cover for an extra £25, where u can take in store and swap for a new one if anything goes wrong).

Hutchie;6239713

Plus I bought mine a year or so ago second hand with no warranty, with … Plus I bought mine a year or so ago second hand with no warranty, with the noise it made im sure it was on its way out. So a new slim with 12mths warranty (actually took out 2 yrs cover for an extra £25, where u can take in store and swap for a new one if anything goes wrong).

Sounds look it was a good choice mate! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

cheers for your help so far guys, the new warranty sounds pretty good, does it have 4 usb slots like the 60gb?

i think only 1

whatever you do, get fifa 10

If you've got CP then keep the 60gb. You play ps2 games then keep the 60gb. if you don't really use any of the 'advantages of the 60gb and can live with the slim being so damn ugly then get the new one :thumbsup:

Original Poster

tony_dudz;6241451

whatever you do, get fifa 10

will get that.........only to play for a month until pro evo is out :-D

Original Poster

jennybubbles;6241494

If you've got CP then keep the 60gb. You play ps2 games then keep the … If you've got CP then keep the 60gb. You play ps2 games then keep the 60gb. if you don't really use any of the 'advantages of the 60gb and can live with the slim being so damn ugly then get the new one :thumbsup:

whats cp??

i dont play ps2 games but i like the 4 usbs as i use 3
controller dock, play tv and bluetooth charger

dutch_courage;6241604

whats cp??i dont play ps2 games but i like the 4 usbs as i use … whats cp??i dont play ps2 games but i like the 4 usbs as i use 3controller dock, play tv and bluetooth charger

Cp = Continous (SP) Play.

mm The slim only has 2 usb slots which i find a little irritating but I guess I'll get used to it :lol:

Banned

depends if you like playing ps2 games or dont mind a horrendous electric bill (my 60gb used to heat my lounge in winter if playing for a while)

More than double the electric of a new slim!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Google maps on Plusnet45
    2. Is this expensive?1017
    3. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return56
    4. I posted a deal that has been removed612

See more discussions