Groups

New PSP coming Sept 07 In USA

So the psp 2 has been announced --its slimmer and faster to load but thats pretty much it --its the same psp -- same analogue stick-dpad -buttons and triggers that let down the old psp

If it stays at £99.99 as psp are nowadays i may think about getting it
    enjoy

Sorry guys no 2nd analogue --but you can hook the new one up to the tele -excellent- and it has hd output so yay something we wont use until about 3 years down the line

Daniel

t3.co.uk/__d…jpg
    t3.co.uk/__d…jpg
    t3.co.uk/__d…jpg
    t3.co.uk/__d…jpg
    t3.co.uk/__d…jpg
    t3.co.uk/new…ite

See link for video

14 Comments

This is no way as good as the DS Phat > DS Lite conversion if this is the end result. Hopefully the "faster" aspects arent simply boosting the clock speed (with the same CPU) which we could do in the orginal psp with DA.

Original Poster

Well supposidly devs have been allowed to use the entire clock speed of whatever its 522mhz or something but that is recent

Im annoyed they havent done more to the psp redux as i call it

If i do get it im sure im gunna get the star wars bundle as opposed to the daxter and family guy bundle

I dunno how they can call that a 'lite' version. The difference in size is barely noticeable.

Thats total rubbish.

The battery, which was one of the main problems with the PSP, is scaled down, and will no doubt give less life.
    eg. My PSP's original battery is 3.6v/1800mAh, the Lite is 3.6v/1200mAh.
    I had to put in 3rd party 3.6v/2800mAh batteries to get any decent playing time out of it. The original PSP battery wont last a holiday flight.

As for the rest, nothings changed, except they have moved the headphone socket to an idiotic place that will screw up putting it in a case and listening to music.

Useless upgrade, and it will retail at the same price of £130 apparently.
    Means cheap "old" PSP's will drop in price like a stone though hopefully.

It hardly looks much different, let's see what price they put it out at. I wonder if you will be able to load old firmware on it?

Piks!!!! :thinking: what's a piks? :giggle:

...It supposedly weighs a third less too. Where on earth is this 'tv output'?
    Pretty underwhelming on the whole though.

New PSP. Sony has unveiled a re-designed PlayStation Portable which is slimmer, lighter, and comes with a video-out port for watching content on TVs.

The form factor of the portable console is virtually unchanged but the device is now 33% lighter and 19% slimmer

($170) thats all it says so i reckon the price will be around £100! I didint know what to put this post under so go easy!
    - thejammyster

thejammyster

($170) thats all it says so i reckon the price will be around £100! I … ($170) thats all it says so i reckon the price will be around £100! I didint know what to put this post under so go easy!- thejammyster

£100? You're hoping aren't you? ;-)
    More like £149 for the value pack.

Original Poster

yeh it will be about £135 for the new psp and the old one will drop to 99

Original Poster

Crazy1

Piks!!!! :thinking: what's a piks? :giggle:

Short for pictures -- sorry i spend too much time on msn and the text lingo is taking over :-D

Original Poster

MBeeching

...It supposedly weighs a third less too. Where on earth is this 'tv … ...It supposedly weighs a third less too. Where on earth is this 'tv output'?Pretty underwhelming on the whole though.

Im guessing through the mini usb port at the top

Merged threads.

Original Poster

MBeeching

...It supposedly weighs a third less too. Where on earth is this 'tv … ...It supposedly weighs a third less too. Where on earth is this 'tv output'?Pretty underwhelming on the whole though.

Im guessing through the mini usb port at the top
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927341
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767213
      3. love affairs45
      4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983130

See more discussions