Groups

New Red Dwarf episodes and 2 specials on Dave TV

4 new episodes of Red Dwarf coming soon to Dave..Smegtastic

It's very new news to me - I really only fully heard the details yesterday, Robert told comedian/host Michael McIntyre. We're doing four new shows with the original cast. Two of them are going to be, like, proper episodes of Red Dwarf. One of them is so exciting I've been asked not to say anything about that because other people will steal the idea - and it is a great idea, quite challenging for us as performers. And the other one is a kind of behind-the-scenes-y... the truth. There's been so many rumours and gossip about Red Dwarf, about whether there's going to be a movie and whether we all get on, all those things... The downside for me, which is just dawning on me now, is I've got to do the 'rubber' thing again, which I haven't done for ten years.

For the record, and direct from the makers, the details of the four shows right now - while wholly subject to change - are:

Show One - The Making Of The Specials
    A highly entertaining look at what goes on behind the scenes on a Red Dwarf production.
    Show Two - Red Dwarf Special: Part One
    The cast get back into character, and costume, a decade on...
    Show Three - Red Dwarf Special: Part Two
    The adventure continues...
    Show Four - A Clip Show With a Serious Difference
    The cast do it their way. Red Dwarf as you have never, ever seen it before!

The shows will broadcast sometime in 2009 and, if successful, could pave the way for further Red Dwarf TV projects. Thanks to movie and broadcaster wrangles, Grant Naylor haven't been in a position to produce new Red Dwarf since Series VIII went out to audiences of over eight million in 1999. This exciting development suggests a new and shiny future for everyone's favourite sci-fi comedy.

Source reddwarf.co.uk

12 Comments

Yay, Dave, the only good channel :thumbsup:
    As long as Rimmer is back, the series was lost without him.

fantastic news - i love Red Dwarf

Original Poster

happy donkey;3005670

Yay, Dave, the only good channel :thumbsup:As long as Rimmer is back, the … Yay, Dave, the only good channel :thumbsup:As long as Rimmer is back, the series was lost without him.

Yep all the original characters and actors , so the website says :thumbsup:

"Movie, Movie, Movie, Movie, Movie, Movie, Movie"

Mixed feelings on this, while I think Red Dwarf at times is brilliant (especially the first two books) the later TV series were pretty poor.

John

Smegtastic!

this has genuinly made my day, you can have some rep for this. cheers.

Original Poster

the dandy p;3049398

this has genuinly made my day, you can have some rep for this. cheers.

Cheers Dandy P
    Like the Avi :thumbsup:

mod

Smoke me a kipper

Fantastic

o rly?

I hated the later series when they ended up back on Red Dwarf basically anything after the lass joined the crew.

They should do a TV movie with a slightly larger budget and the producer should bring in some more writing talent alongside his own as the show suffered when Rob Grant and Doug Naylor split.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1866
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3571334
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2035
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514147

See more discussions