New Refurb Laptop

Found 15th Oct 2017
Hi, I currently have a Lenovo T420 i5 with an SSD. I've had it for a few years and it's worked well however it's started to slow down and I'm looking to upgrade.

Can anyone recommend a decent upgrade for this? I would be interested in Business grade laptops up to £250.

Thanks for your help.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments
I would recommend having a look at SCC Trade. They get various laptops in stock at different times and have free delivery.
I would do a fresh install of your OS then see if you have anything to update (BIOS,drivers) before considering buying another laptop. If you still wanted another laptop then sell your T420 (with your freshly installed OS).
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 15th Oct 2017
RiverDragon822 m ago

I would do a fresh install of your OS then see if you have anything to …I would do a fresh install of your OS then see if you have anything to update (BIOS,drivers) before considering buying another laptop. If you still wanted another laptop then sell your T420 (with your freshly installed OS).

You could also look at adding more ram and maybe upgrading the CPU to an i7 as the chipset on your motherboard would support one although that would only add about 20% better cpu performance.
Tbh depending on what you have it might just need more ram or a ssd? simple 20-40£, then install fresh windows and it be fine, unless your doing intense programs
emodan1 h, 3 m ago

You could also look at adding more ram and maybe upgrading the CPU to an …You could also look at adding more ram and maybe upgrading the CPU to an i7 as the chipset on your motherboard would support one although that would only add about 20% better cpu performance.

1x4GB DDR3 RAM is only £10 from CEX.
To upgrade the CPU to a i7-2670QM click (looks very easy and straightforward) for around £53-£60. I reckon a fresh install + added RAM would do the trick. I would definitely upgrade the CPU if it was cheaper i.e £20-25.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 15th Oct 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants