New Royal Mail strike announced

Royal Mail workers will stage a second 24-hour walkout over pay and jobs, their union has said.

The strike will begin at 1900 BST on 12 July and will end the following day , the Communication Workers' Union said.

Last Friday, the CWU led a similar walkout across the UK - the first national postal strike in a decade.

Workers are angry over plans to restructure the company, though Royal Mail argues it has to change in order to compete with rival firms.

Staff have rejected a 2.5% pay offer and say they are worried that modernisation plans will see jobs cut.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm more..........

5 Comments

FFS i'm still waiting for items sent 2 weeks ago, and items sent last Friday havent arrived either, so they shouldnt get paid more unless the service is good

And they should get a pay rise, but they should work for it so its a vicious circle.

I won't post anything now, holding back all my payments and blaming the PO - well they don't know do they :giggle:

Crazy1

I won't post anything now, holding back all my payments and blaming the … I won't post anything now, holding back all my payments and blaming the PO - well they don't know do they :giggle:

now theres a point!! :thumbsup:

stora

Royal Mail workers will stage a second 24-hour walkout to have a nice day … Royal Mail workers will stage a second 24-hour walkout to have a nice day off, their union has said.The strike will begin at 1900 BST on 12 July and will end the following day, the Communication Workers' Union said.Last Friday, the CWU led a similar walkout across the UK - the first national postal strike in a decade.Workers are angry over the recent bad weather, though Royal Mail argues it has to change the weather in order to compete with rival firms.Staff have rejected a duvet day and say they are worried that global warming will see sunny days cut. ]more..........

:w00t: :w00t: :giggle:

vikingaero

:w00t: :w00t: :giggle:

:giggle: :giggle:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?33197
    2. Rest In Peace Jerry Lewis.66
    3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?66
    4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99