New Samsung A50 (spec below) for £223 - buy or walk by?

Posted 8th Oct
128/4 gig
Exynos 9610
6.4" OLED 1080x2340 pixels
4 cameras at up to 25mp
twin sim and dedicated card slot (up to 1TB)
4Ah battery

New from (non UK large telco) shop with warranty.

Normally I avoid samsung as they're overpriced, but its biggish & OLED, although I was looking at a 128/6 Max 3 for about £160.

Views anyone?

gsmarena.com/sam…php
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad

Groups

5 Comments
Similar specs to my Samsung S10+, and its over half the price. Gf has one, its a great phone.
Seems decent if the warranty is credible, easily obtainable, easily enforceable, easily affordable (shipping), quickly executed and with a more than reasonable chance of seeing the phone again once sent for warranty servicing.
I should have mentioned, its an offer from a shop I can go into. So there's no shipping, & they texted me the offer as I use their PAYG service.

"Only for you: a discount of 5200 rub. on Samsung Galaxy A50 (128 GB). Bright 6.4 ”Super AMOLED display, triple AI camera, face recognition scanner and many other advantages. To receive a discount, specify the xxxxxxxxxxx promotion code when buying in MegaFon until 10/31/2019. Find out the address of the nearest salon: * 546 # More details: megafon.ru/go/…ber The organizer has the right to change the terms of the promotion."

LINK (the page isn't in English, but you should understand most)
Edited by: "ibiza" 8th Oct
ibiza08/10/2019 16:09

I should have mentioned, its an offer from a shop I can go into. So …I should have mentioned, its an offer from a shop I can go into. So there's no shipping, & they texted me the offer as I use their PAYG service."Only for you: a discount of 5200 rub. on Samsung Galaxy A50 (128 GB). Bright 6.4 ”Super AMOLED display, triple AI camera, face recognition scanner and many other advantages. To receive a discount, specify the xxxxxxxxxxx promotion code when buying in MegaFon until 10/31/2019. Find out the address of the nearest salon: * 546 # More details: www.megafon.ru/go/a50_128gb_october The organizer has the right to change the terms of the promotion."LINK (the page isn't in English, but you should understand most)

I doubt many HUKD members including myself have intricate knowledge of RU(?) consumer legislation, RU product warranty nor RU merchant warranty obligations, if any. If the merchant accepted payment directly via UK credit card you should be able to obtain UK-based and UK-enforceable replicated merchant obligations, although you may need to support any UK claim by employing a credible interpreter for the text at moscow.shop.megafon.ru/get…e_1
It says the warranty is only 12 months, although it may be covered in the UK with a 2yr international warranty. Being over £100 its CCA 74 s75 j&s liabilty on my credit card.

There's less of a rip off culture from phone companies here, as phones & rental are rarely packaged & phones almost never locked (other than "phone & year's rental for £20-30" type thing). So service improves as leaving a company is easy with no contracts or adverse credit threats to make you stay.

However, most of that is not needed as I've £25 excess on an identical replacement on failure (et al) via my bank account.

Its also the 128/6 version & not the 128/4 version which I missed yesterday.

Sorry, I'd originally included the warranty term but the site took a huff...

"Invalid charactersPlease remove foreign characters from the comment"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants