Groups
    EXPIRED

New Sky+ Box

Hi,

I am looking at options on how to replace my 'picture breaking up on too many channels' Pace Sky+ box.

I could pay Sky for a 'repair' - £70 I think and get 3 months warranty or maybe a new box with 12 months is a better bet??

markluk

5 Comments

Hi Mark..

I think it's a general fault with the sky+ service as everyone I know who has sky+ has the same problem. I had been advised that the best box to get was a pace box, but obviously from your post the pace box have problems too.

markluk

Hi,I am looking at options on how to replace my 'picture breaking up on … Hi,I am looking at options on how to replace my 'picture breaking up on too many channels' Pace Sky+ box.I could pay Sky for a 'repair' - £70 I think and get 3 months warranty or maybe a new box with 12 months is a better bet??markluk

I had a faulty sky+ box.Rang up and asked about repair.Told £65 service charge.I told them to stick it where the sun do'nt shine and to cancel my services.Got put through to cancellations.The scottish lady could not have been nicer and straightaway offered me a refurbished sky+ box and engineer,totally free of charge.So don't pay their exorbitant charge and get tough.By the way,ask for a sky engineer and not a contractor.:thumbsup:

:-D what i did was cancel my account and took it out again under my wifes maided name,you have to use a different bank account as they will find out if you dont.

bazr

I had a faulty sky+ box.Rang up and asked about repair.Told £65 service … I had a faulty sky+ box.Rang up and asked about repair.Told £65 service charge.I told them to stick it where the sun do'nt shine and to cancel my services.Got put through to cancellations.The scottish lady could not have been nicer and straightaway offered me a refurbished sky+ box and engineer,totally free of charge.So don't pay their exorbitant charge and get tough.By the way,ask for a sky engineer and not a contractor.:thumbsup:

i must agree, threatening to leave does work with sky

Marluk, if you have already been with Sky for over a year call Sky Customer services up and tell them you are thinking of cancelling.

They will offer you [99.999%] a new Sky+ box for £65.00 or maybe a refurbished one for for £49.00. This will tie you for another year, but it is worth it if you are happy with their services. If they won't budge - then tell them you will call them back and disconnect.

I do not know where their Customer services are, but if you get a Scottish sounding gent or a lady, consider that you can strike a deal.

Best wishes,

Saabu.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'22
      2. Ideas to decorate bedroom22
      3. What will £250 get me second hand mobile33
      4. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?77

See more discussions