Groups

new sky hub has 2 connections

Hi all i have the new sky hub 3 when i go to connect my ps4 it offers me 2 connections through wifi any ideas why this is.

9 Comments

One will be 5Ghz wi-fi and one will be 2.4Ghz wi-fi.

Choose the 5GHz one, you might need to rename them from router admin page so you know which ones which.

Original Poster

rascalchops

One will be 5Ghz wi-fi and one will be 2.4Ghz wi-fi.

Yep thats what optionx come up.whats the difference? And why does it not give you the option when adding a tablet

it depends if your device can support the 5ghz, if it can't it'll only offer you the 2.4ghz

Original Poster

cleverguy12

it depends if your device can support the 5ghz, if it can't it'll only … it depends if your device can support the 5ghz, if it can't it'll only offer you the 2.4ghz

Thanks

They arent eolling out what VM wanted and using your home router as a hotspot for people in the street.

The 5Ghz is quicker, but not as strong. If your using your ps4 upstairs and your hub is downstairs-and youve got thick walls, then i suggest using the 2.4Ghz, as it travels further and is more reliable.

If you have sky q then you're best off splitting the 2 apart onto separate SSIDs. Once you've done this use the 2.4 as the Sky boxes swamp the 5 band

2.4ghz for devices that move around the house a lot and need better range, 5Ghz for devices that are closer to the router.
    And plug a cable in if feasible for best speed :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent Mp3 Player?89
      2. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?66
      3. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door22
      4. DVD storage22

See more discussions