Groups

New TfL tube map with tunnels (for anxiety and claustrophobia sufferers)

Transport for London has created a new map of the London Underground designed to help sufferers of anxiety and claustrophobia. The map specifies which sections and stations of the tube are underground and highlights routes customers can use to avoid tunnels.

The free downloadable map has confirmed that over 50% of the tube’s 270 stations are above ground, with only the Victoria Line and Waterloo and City line wholly underground.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/tub…pdf

Hope it helps someone!

8 Comments

Thats all very well and good but the main problem is overcrowding does it do anything to explain the most crowded stations and what times are worse

If I was claustrophobic or had anxiety, I wouldn't live (or travel to) London.

Cornwall should make a map for people who are allergic to grass.

splatsplatsplat1 h, 9 m ago

If I was claustrophobic or had anxiety, I wouldn't live (or travel to) …If I was claustrophobic or had anxiety, I wouldn't live (or travel to) London.Cornwall should make a map for people who are allergic to grass.

Imagine if cows were allergic to grass. What a world that would be.

Error44014 h, 56 m ago

Thats all very well and good but the main problem is overcrowding does it …Thats all very well and good but the main problem is overcrowding does it do anything to explain the most crowded stations and what times are worse

yes, i agree with this. i feel claustrophobic when there are too many people around me so i definately feel very uncomfortable on the tube when it is crowded and this feels much worse than going through tunnels. i think tfl should also spend more money on tube signs to make it easier to know which platform you need to be on.

i was at liverpool street station yesterday and i wanted to get the circle line to victoria but it was very difficult to work out from the limited number of tube signs on the walls at the station which platform i needed to go west!
    Edited by: "mutley1" 11th Jul

Interesting! For anyone who doesn't know exactly where they are going I strongly suggest City Mapper app (free) and gives you multiple options (and the cost!)
    But essentially if you aren't comfortable with overcrowding do not travel between 8-840am and 445-6pm (ish) if you can help it.

Original Poster

mutley1

yes, i agree with this. i feel claustrophobic when there are too many … yes, i agree with this. i feel claustrophobic when there are too many people around me so i definately feel very uncomfortable on the tube when it is crowded and this feels much worse than going through tunnels. i think tfl should also spend more money on tube signs to make it easier to know which platform you need to be on.i was at liverpool street station yesterday and i wanted to get the circle line to victoria but it was very difficult to work out from the limited number of tube signs on the walls at the station which platform i needed to go west!

I'm not aware of a map showing crowd levels throughout the day or by platform.

I don't suffer from claustrophobia but I struggle with heat. In the summer, it can get really hot and stuffy in the tunnels. The map will help me avoid them and the dreadful air blowers

Tube signs could definitely be improved, especially on the Circle and District lines.

splatsplatsplat

If I was claustrophobic or had anxiety, I wouldn't live (or travel to) … If I was claustrophobic or had anxiety, I wouldn't live (or travel to) London.Cornwall should make a map for people who are allergic to grass.

benrobertsno1

Imagine if cows were allergic to grass. What a world that would be.

You deserve a pat on the head for that reply.

Belga1 h, 22 m ago

I'm not aware of a map showing crowd levels throughout the day or by …I'm not aware of a map showing crowd levels throughout the day or by platform. I don't suffer from claustrophobia but I struggle with heat. In the summer, it can get really hot and stuffy in the tunnels. The map will help me avoid them and the dreadful air blowers :)Tube signs could definitely be improved, especially on the Circle and District lines.

it is certainly ridiculously hot on the tube. i thought that they were going to put in air conditioning many years ago but i have yet to see it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7121344
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861346
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1315
      4. word association Game73944485

See more discussions