New Thundercats cartoon coming soon & it's not what you'd expect!

Found 19th May
Thundercats Roar is the title and it's coming to cartoon network soon, it's considered to be a action/comedy cartoon and looks very different to the cartoon I grew up with and even the more recent reboot!

The art style is......different, as you can see below.

2941964.jpg
I was hoping we would get a Thundercats game after getting transformers(great) and TMNT (not so great) but the announcement confirms it's just a rebooted cartoon. =(
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
That one picture has ruined my childhood.
17 Comments
Cheetara has not aged well
Noooooooooooooo
I’m ok with stuff being rebooted etc (Ducktakes recently was quite good), because actually, watching some of your childhood cartoons highlights that some of it was quite naff and boring (although amazing as a child!). A little makeover/renovation can be a good thing as long as it’s sympathetic to the original. This looks a million miles away from the original and does not look like the sort of remake that would do Thundercats justice at all, which is a shame.

How over analysed was that response, it’s only a cartoon lol.
dmoore813 m ago

I’m ok with stuff being rebooted etc (Ducktakes recently was quite good), b …I’m ok with stuff being rebooted etc (Ducktakes recently was quite good), because actually, watching some of your childhood cartoons highlights that some of it was quite naff and boring (although amazing as a child!). A little makeover/renovation can be a good thing as long as it’s sympathetic to the original. This looks a million miles away from the original and does not look like the sort of remake that would do Thundercats justice at all, which is a shame. How over analysed was that response, it’s only a cartoon lol.

Thundercats is still amazing now.
Snakeyes6466 m ago

Thundercats is still amazing now.

It is. I have loads of original episodes on my computer, some episodes are better than others, but even now, balances the humour and haunting really well. Some of it is just creepy, but that’s what gave it the edge back in the day.
Thunder cats was great this is not thundercats. It’s like a Chinese copy version. All of them are. And they changed the cartoons to make the kids soft.
Edited by: "MR1123" 19th May
This looks like an insult to the thundercats, Lion-o and the rest will not be amused!!!
dmoore8132 m ago

It is. I have loads of original episodes on my computer, some episodes are …It is. I have loads of original episodes on my computer, some episodes are better than others, but even now, balances the humour and haunting really well. Some of it is just creepy, but that’s what gave it the edge back in the day.

Yeah and the animation is still amazing.
Lazy Western animators are the main reason everyone watches anime these days. Wasn't there an Ironman anime recently ?
blergh. looks like the same kinda animation as Steven Universe

33823773-dZ4o5.jpg
This makes me sad.
kester769 h, 22 m ago

WTF is that all about???????

the newish cartoon ruined it for me tbh but this is ridiculous!

as a 40yr old I watched the first run with Awe... wishing I was Lion-O and even had the sword of Omens ... (actually owns the entire Thundercats boxset too)

I hope the ghost of Jaga comes down and f**** them all up for this!!
I was excited until I saw the picture. Just horrid
arcangel11134 m ago

WTF is that all about???????the newish cartoon ruined it for me tbh but …WTF is that all about???????the newish cartoon ruined it for me tbh but this is ridiculous! as a 40yr old I watched the first run with Awe... wishing I was Lion-O and even had the sword of Omens ... (actually owns the entire Thundercats boxset too) I hope the ghost of Jaga comes down and f**** them all up for this!!

I think the 2011 version wasn't too bad but this reboot is too much.
Original thundercats all the way, reboot was meh but could deal with it. This however from the image looks awful and so many other things have followed this style. It sucks
There will be no kids fapping for this version of Cheetara
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants