New to SKY - dish needed?

Found 4th Mar
I am new to SKY, if I don't have a dish and just require a basic package where can I get the best deals from? Thanks
Community Updates
AskEntertainment
16 Comments
deleted793389
Now TV if you don't want the hassle of getting a dish. Go through Quidco or topcashback if you want a proper package with dish, recordings etc.
If I get a dish does it mean I can have access to all channels? This is what I'm preferring I think, any idea of cost of dish? Thanks
SCuboid2 m ago

If I get a dish does it mean I can have access to all channels? This is …If I get a dish does it mean I can have access to all channels? This is what I'm preferring I think, any idea of cost of dish? Thanks

You can have all the channels if you pay subscription for them all. Just having the dosh wont give you all the channels.
Ok thanks..but what's the point of a dish then?
Sky is a satellite service. That is why you need a dish.
Sorry I'm asking novice questions, but how is a Satellite dish better than NOW TV?
Because it's not dependent on an internet connection, it also has a far greater choice of channels and it's also broadcast in HD on certain channels as opposed to 720p on Now TV.
Wow.
SCuboid1 h, 40 m ago

Sorry I'm asking novice questions, but how is a Satellite dish better than …Sorry I'm asking novice questions, but how is a Satellite dish better than NOW TV?

if you sign up to sky they will come out to install a dish and give you a sky box as part of the package. NOW TV will need good internet access as it runs off broadband. you can't do series link or store movies if i remember correctly when my husband looked at ditching sky and getting the NOW TV box.

it depends on what you watch, for us, NOW TV worked out more expensive than keeping our sky package, which is already expensive as we are not a new customer.
Is the Now TV box wired or wireless?
Gollywood14 m ago

Is the Now TV box wired or wireless?

i don't have NOW TV box but when i look at sky help page on how to set up now tv box, it states the box comes with HDMI cable so it will connect to your TV via the HDMI cable.
mutley13 m ago

i don't have NOW TV box but when i look at sky help page on how to set up …i don't have NOW TV box but when i look at sky help page on how to set up now tv box, it states the box comes with HDMI cable so it will connect to your TV via the HDMI cable.

I know that. It's the internet connectivity I'm wondering about
mrty8 h, 32 m ago

Not true soon:-

"Sky is a satellite TV service, but thanks to technological advances — including digital TV — you can still get Sky without a satellite dish.

With top-notch sports, movies and TV programmes, it’s no wonder so many people want to get Sky. For many people, the only barrier to signing up for a Sky subscription is the difficulty of getting a satellite dish installed.

Sky has recently announced that starting in 2018, the company will be offering a dish-less service through their Sky Q."

"Sky announces plans to launch Sky TV without the need for a satellite dish for the very first time in the UK. The move will see millions of homes, currently unable to install a satellite dish, be able to enjoy the best entertainment on Sky. Delivered through a box over broadband, the service is expected to launch in the UK in 2018."
33377232-s9J57.jpg
Comes with cleaning products
mrty11 h, 31 m ago

Not later on this year buddy no dish will be needed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants