Groups

New Top gear

New TG was a million times better than the last series, huge improvement! But still missing the magic of Grand tour!

27 Comments

Original Poster

So much better without that ginger whinger!

Banned

It was watchable but thats about it.

The magic of the Grand Tour?

A maniacal effort to fashion a show of spontaneity, only resulting in third rate acting and unfunny jokes?

Jesus wept.
    Edited by: "willhay555" 5th Mar

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

It was watchable but thats about it.

Still an improvement on the last season, will hopefully get better with time.

I was looking forward to the grand tour but lost interest after the third episode . It was pretty terrible tbh but so was new top gear .
    Anything is an improvement on last season tho

willhay555

The magic of the Grand Tour?A maniacal effort to fashion a show of … The magic of the Grand Tour?A maniacal effort to fashion a show of spontaneity, only resulting in third rate acting and unfunny jokes?Jesus wept.

Where there is a will there is a way.

It stank of stale ideas and wooden presentation and that's being kind.

Is Joey still presenting it?

Original Poster

dunno

Is Joey still presenting it?

Yeah, he's on it but at least they got rid of the shouty mouthed idiot from last year.

Sorry but can't bear to watch new Top Gear......Can't say I have been glued to Grand Tour either !!

barriey

Yeah, he's on it but at least they got rid of the shouty mouthed idiot … Yeah, he's on it but at least they got rid of the shouty mouthed idiot from last year.

​Clarkson went long before that!

didn't like that Chris Harris

Alfa on next weekhttp://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

I thought it was better without Chris, ironically now we have The Grand Tour to now compare to, Top Gear stands a better chance of success because it seems fresher than Clarkson, May and Hammond

Grand tour is boring, its trying to hard to be top gear but comes across as being scripted by the tea boy during a toilet break.

Can't be arsed with top gear tbh i think the whole concept has run its course and should be laid to rest a few years

willhay555

The magic of the Grand Tour?A maniacal effort to fashion a show of … The magic of the Grand Tour?A maniacal effort to fashion a show of spontaneity, only resulting in third rate acting and unfunny jokes?Jesus wept.

​I agree. The grand tour has some of the worst fake acting I've seen. It seems like they rehearsed the same scene in the tent again and again till The hamster is fed up and shows his poor acting.

The grand tour is great for its days out adventures (going green and that army training episode were a good laugh).

I didn't watch top gear for the car information. I'm one of the few who watched it for the silly challenges.

I loved the challenges because they didn't seem so scripted. I'd be happier if they gave up on the studio side of things and did nothing BUT challenges.

Grand tour is a over expensive disaster, they lost their magic.

Top Gear was ok last series and is ok this series, not brilliant not awful.

Shame Sabine is gone, I agree about the scripted challenges, rewatching some of the old episodes on dave is just painful, it was so rinse and repeat by the end it wasn't even funny...

I think they have to do more to make the challenges seem real. it still was clear it was all staged and planned, why not just actually try and do a challenge without any scripting or planning at all... how wrong could it go?? and isn't it when it goes wrong its best??

I like the new star in a car thing... will be much better to watch...

Id get another presenter in - the show is screaming out for a womens touch... just alter the dynamics of it. it needs to give itself its own identity - it still feels like a clone of the old show and it can be so much more.

was ok, just like the original format but don't like the presenters.

Not seen the new top gear but watched some of the Grand Tour episodes,truly awful.three middle aged,niddle class men talking like kids,seem even more embarrassing than in top gear.

Not sure how well they will work as a team, there were several genuinely snarky comments.
    Matt also seemed fairly reluctant to deliver his line about Timbuktu and Guernsey, I don't think he wants to be 'the stupid one'.

James May looks like he'd rather be in Joey Essex's **** crack than on that stage with them two.

If it wasn't for the money, eh James?

What will and Error said about the 'Grand tour'

Ok I will try and 'fix' this
    First the good
    All three presenters seem likeable and know stuff about these car things
    I like having the guest there on the couch throughout the show

the bad
    Do something new ffs we have seen all this over the last 10/15 years

stop 'trying' so hard 'be natural'(cue manics) harder said than done I know

the fix
    Go get drunk together if you don't have that 'spark' this is going nowhere

keep the guest even upgrade to co-host at times

do stuff that is relevant to the motorist here and now it may be boring but keeps it 'real'

reddeviluk

I loved the challenges because they didn't seem so scripted. I'd be … I loved the challenges because they didn't seem so scripted. I'd be happier if they gave up on the studio side of things and did nothing BUT challenges.

​Me too, but the spontaneity has gone.

it'd be painful to watch.

The Grand Tour was awesome, my favourite part was when they killed the celebrities. The celebs were the worst part of old Top Gear by far, eventually turning to celebs showing off their latest TV/Movie/Album instead of driving the reasonably priced car so am glad they were mocking them. The challenges were awesome as well, that environmental car one in episode 4 was a stroke of genius. Only bad I could think of is they definitely need their own Stig, that American communist hating guy didn't have the same aura that the Stig had. Can't wait for the new series.

Top Gear has died a horrible death and has become a undead, where's Rick Grimes to blow it's brains out?
    Edited by: "hass123" 6th Mar

Banned

I thought it was alright, not great but certainly not bad. The studio stuff was overly scripted and was a poor attempt to come across as natural. Will watch it next week

Scratch what I said about having a guest on the couch awesome David Tennant X)
    still wooden but better
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions